Customer CSV file export

What is the best way to create a CSV file for customer email addresess and names that I can export to an external newsletter software?

At the moment I am considering Interspire’s newsletter software.

[quote name=‘Traveler’]What is the best way to create a CSV file for customer email addresess and names that I can export to an external newsletter software?

At the moment I am considering Interspire’s newsletter software.[/QUOTE]

CS-Cart features nice export features that will export the customer data, you can then take the CSV and edit it to the format that is required by Interspire. If you only need the email address, you should be able to export just the email address of the customer. Shouldn’t be too difficult of a job.

From the backoffice, click “Administration” then “Export Data”. On the right side of the screen there is a list that has a “Customers” option, click that then you will see the export screen for the customer fields, just de-select all fields except “E-mail” and first/last name then export it. Should be good to go!

[quote name=‘Ion_Cannon’]CS-Cart features nice export features that will export the customer data, you can then take the CSV and edit it to the format that is required by Interspire. If you only need the email address, you should be able to export just the email address of the customer. Shouldn’t be too difficult of a job.

From the backoffice, click “Administration” then “Export Data”. On the right side of the screen there is a list that has a “Customers” option, click that then you will see the export screen for the customer fields, just de-select all fields except “E-mail” and first/last name then export it. Should be good to go![/QUOTE]

Thank you.

I saw that page and was wondering if that was the best way.

It looked like there was only one default Var location to export to.

[quote name=‘Traveler’]Thank you.

I saw that page and was wondering if that was the best way.

It looked like there was only one default Var location to export to.[/QUOTE]

You can save it to your local drive.

[quote name=‘Ion_Cannon’]You can save it to your local drive.[/QUOTE]

The only links I see to the right of my screen is Orders, Products, Translations and Users. I do not have a Customers link to select from. How am I to move forward with exporting my emails?

Users

Don’t forget the news subscribers if you have that option turned on. If so the only way I know to export them is using something like phpMyAdmin and export the cscart_subscribers table. For mass emailing I use “MaxBulk Mailer” It does not have alot of feature but does the job for me.

Good luck with your emailing.

Dave

Notes:

1. Users are not necessarily customers.
  2. If you allow annonymous checkout then your ‘customers’ may not be Users.
  3. You sould be very careful when exporting lists of email addresses to export to somewhere else that you honor their ‘opt in’ settings and don’t spam people that don’t want to hear from you. This is also a good way to have the newsletter site compiliance team ban you from use.