Currencies

We converted a Euro based catalogue into base currency USD and fed the catalogue ( when euro dollar exchange rate 1.11).

Now euro dollar exchange rate has been changed to 1.09.

If you simply change the Euro/USD exchange rate from backend Administration–currencies, it will change all product prices for Euro currency.

Our problem is that since our catalogue is primarily denominated in Euro, we don’t want to change Euro prices every time exchange rate changes instead it’s the dollar prices which should be changed.

The problem further worsen since same catalogue based on Euro prices is displayed in other channels like Amazon/Ebay and individual online shop.

Sent from my LND-L29 using Tapatalk

You need to choose a "primary" currency to use. All other currencies on the system are computed from that base. That 'base' is what all import/exports are done in. In your case it seems that you want to keep the primary currency as Euro and have it compute for dollars.

Please also check solutions on the marketplace which allow to specify product prices in different currencies

It's not quite clear what exactly you need. It's possible that Euro as a primary currency can solve the problem. Here is the manual how to choose primary currency.

And also pay attention to this guidelines on secondary currency in CS-Cart.

Concerning this, is there anybody who knows a trick on how to get fixed prices in other currencies? For example, a product would cost:

99 Euro

109 USD

89 GBP

This really is impossible at the moment isn't it?

It is possible only with 3rd party module. See my post #3

It is possible only with 3rd party module. See my post #3

I did - the only one I could find is https://marketplace.cs-cart.com/multiple-currency-price-fields-addon.html but it doesn't seem to exist anymore.

I did - the only one I could find is https://marketplace.cs-cart.com/multiple-currency-price-fields-addon.html but it doesn't seem to exist anymore.

Looks like you are right. Other solutions allows to use only one currency per product

Looks like you are right. Other solutions allows to use only one currency per product

Yeah it's too bad. Because this way we can never show nice looking prices in other currencies, and also some brands allow us to only sell for certain prices and not above and certainly not under it. So basically, we can't use other currencies than our main.

If you'd like to send your specific requirements via the get-a-quote link in my signature, I'll be happy to investigate and give you a quote.

We are also at your service

We have the modification Price by Country

It makes different product prices for countries. For example, USA citizens see the product price 39 dollars, Italians 29 euros. The price doesn't depend on the exchange rate.

Also. we have the add-on Currency IP

It shows prices in the visitors' currency. For example, USA citizens see the product price in dollars, Italians in euros. The price depends on the exchange rate.

Contact our developer to get more details of these solutions.

Best regards,

Alt-team.

We have the modification Price by Country

It makes different product prices for countries. For example, USA citizens see the product price 39 dollars, Italians 29 euros. The price doesn't depend on the exchange rate.

Thanks guys (also ecom and Tony). Alt teams add-on seems to just about do what we need. One question though, will customers still be able to switch currency and see the fixed prices?