cscart 2.1.2 released

[quote name=‘Traveler’]After upgrading I cannot make any orders and the admin tabs are frozen.

I am very sorry that I did not wait as before the upgrade my store was working quite well.[/QUOTE]

Wow. Just as well I haven’t gone live with 2.1.1!:confused:

It seems to me there are 2 options:

1. Upgrade to 2.1.2 from 2.1.1 and spent time fixing the issues & bugs, or

2. Perhaps my best option is to do a fresh install of 2.1.2 and incorporate my changes from 2.1.1 in the new install to avoid all the upgrade dramas I am reading on this thread?

[quote name=‘tbirnseth’]Actually, it’s always checked the version and whether the downloaded version has a create time of within the last 24 hours. If not, then it will re-download… I believe it would be resolved by removing var/upgrade/upgrade_2.1.1-2.1.2.tgz directory (yes, it’s a directory with a .tgz suffix).[/QUOTE]

The problem is I already deleted that directory.

EDIT: removed uc.tgz, seemed to take care of it, must have somehow missed it before.

Ran the upgrade… every single product image now says “no image available”. If I go to the image directly (eg site.com/images/thumbnails/0/175/175/image.jpg) it does exist. Went through a couple pages of products, and it seems like a small handful still have images, seems to be the very first product we added back in 2.0.12. Any clue?? … waaa

Reverting to old version worked and now images are back.

Reverting to prev version almost reverts all the way with the files. It leaves new folders:

[QUOTE]

svn st

? skins/basic/customer/addons/quick_search

? skins/basic/customer/addons/catalog_mode

? skins/basic/mail/companies

? skins/lingerie/customer/addons/quick_search

? skins/lingerie/customer/addons/catalog_mode

? skins/lingerie/mail/companies

? addons/quick_search

? addons/catalog_mode

? addons/recurring_billing/schemas/block_manager

? addons/reward_points/schemas/block_manager

? addons/gift_registry/schemas/block_manager

? addons/affiliate/schemas/block_manager

? addons/seo/schemas/block_manager

? var/skins_repository/base/customer/addons/quick_search

? var/skins_repository/base/customer/addons/catalog_mode

? var/skins_repository/base/mail/companies

? var/skins_repository/base/admin/addons/catalog_mode

? var/skins_repository/base/admin/addons/rma/hooks/reward_points

? var/skins_repository/base/admin/addons/seo/hooks/companies

? var/upgrade/upgrade_2.1.1-2.1.2.tgz

M var/upgrade/uc.tgz

M var/upgrade/packages.xml

? install/config.install.php

[/QUOTE]

But I don’t think that really matters.

I’m pretty sure I’ve figured it out, but I can’t fix it…

define(‘MAX_FILES_IN_DIR’, 1000);

The reason the original products show up is because the image id’s must be in the first 1000, but the others are beyond that so it doesn’t look in dir 0 any more.

Your upgrade completely overwrites that discarding whatever it might be set to. Ours was set to 20000. I changed it back to 20000, but the images still didn’t come back. It seems for whatever reason your update rewrites where every image is located AGAIN. Didn’t it do that last time? What was changed for it to be needed again? Will it decide to do that every time? Please fix this upgrade so it’s possible to use with variable MAX_FILES_IN_DIR.

There’s no point in it being so small, the more the files are split up, the more confusing their locations, but they have to be split up at some point, but it doesn’t need to be nearly as low. Having 1000 folders with 1000 images when at a million is a pain. I put the bug in about needing to split it up to begin with, but there should be an even balance. But this is neither here nor there at the moment, I just need the upgrade to work.

[quote name=‘phazei’]I’m pretty sure I’ve figured it out, but I can’t fix it…

define(‘MAX_FILES_IN_DIR’, 1000);

The reason the original products show up is because the image id’s must be in the first 1000, but the others are beyond that so it doesn’t look in dir 0 any more.

Your upgrade completely overwrites that discarding whatever it might be set to. Ours was set to 20000. I changed it back to 20000, but the images still didn’t come back. It seems for whatever reason your update rewrites where every image is located AGAIN. Didn’t it do that last time? What was changed for it to be needed again? Will it decide to do that every time? Please fix this upgrade so it’s possible to use with variable MAX_FILES_IN_DIR.

There’s no point in it being so small, the more the files are split up, the more confusing their locations, but they have to be split up at some point, but it doesn’t need to be nearly as low. Having 1000 folders with 1000 images when at a million is a pain. I put the bug in about needing to split it up to begin with, but there should be an even balance. But this is neither here nor there at the moment, I just need the upgrade to work.[/QUOTE]

Thank you very much for the information. I’ve posted the bug, [url]http://forum.cs-cart.com/vbugs.php?do=view&vbug_id=2275[/url]. We will fix it in next releases.

[quote name=‘snorocket’]I pushed for a free basic cart a very long time ago so I’m glad to see it finally happening and yes hopefully the community grows even stronger - Sno[/QUOTE]

oh yeah!!!I definitely agree with Sno,this is a big jump.I’ve been into Drupal latest months,but with this good news…!!!I will be integrating cs with drupal!!!Horay:p

Two comments:

1. For the person who lost the language labels in the Quick Search plugin - simply uninstall it and reinstall it - you probably had the beta like I did.

2. Regarding the max files in folder… this is an intelligent consideration for some because if you do not have direct control over the configuration of your FTP server you will run into problems with pulling complete directory listings of files.

I once had a client running osCommerce who had all of their jewelry item images with a dozen variant images per product in a single directory.

Their host had set a transmission cap within the FTP Server configuration for directory listings of 1000 files and then would truncate.

If you have full control over your hosting then you will not run into problems and it does not really have an impact on site performance but if you are trying to download or upload collections of files, etc.

I understand you could easily tar the files you need and transfer that way but it can be a pain regardless for the ignorant or uninitiated. And also, unless you watch the FTP transfer logs carefully, you may miss the truncation notice and think you’ve got everything when you don’t.

That being said, I have all sorts of weirdness now in my thumbnails folder having gone from 1.3.5 to 2.1.2 over the years - how are thumbnails stored now and where should they be?

[quote name=‘Ion_Cannon’]Anyone else having a problem with the upgrade from 2.1.1 to 2.1.2?? as soon as I apply the upgrade on my test site I get a “500 Internal Server Error”.

NM, was a permission issue…[/QUOTE]

Can you tell me what you did to fix this please.

[quote name=‘MaySportingGoods’]Can you tell me what you did to fix this please.[/QUOTE]

The correct permissions.

[quote name=‘utilityempire’]Hi all,

Can anyone who has upgraded comment on CS Carts performance improvement claims?

Has anyone noticed a big improvement in the front end?

Thanks

John[/quote]

hi. I made celan install of 2.1.2 and the restored the database from 2.1.1 upgraded to 2.1.2 wwith all images and files copied to folders where they should be.

The 2.1.2 is really very fast. Good job for the team.

[quote name=‘kocalka’]hi. I made celan install of 2.1.2 and the restored the database from 2.1.1 upgraded to 2.1.2 wwith all images and files copied to folders where they should be.

The 2.1.2 is really very fast. Good job for the team.[/QUOTE]

Hi kocalka,

Good to know of your approach & it all works. I am a bit reluctant to do a upgrade and will attempt to do a fresh install and restore the database from 2.1.1 as well…sounds like a safer plan.

Anyone having problems with their cart_status.tpl. I have a cart status block and it seems broken now with 2.1.2… sometimes it will work sometimes it won’t. Seems like a smarty issue maybe with the new code.

[quote name=‘The Tool’]The correct permissions.[/QUOTE]

I am also getting the internal server error 500 after the upgrade, can you let me know what permissions i need to change? Would greatly appreciate it

Try this:

[url]CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation