cscart 2.1.2 released

I just upgraded and realised that it’ll take me a few hours to make modifications to files to get style sheets, etc to how they were modified so I then reverted back using the link given during update. However, now I’m getting the following error on the website:

Warning: Smarty error: unable to read resource: "addons/buy_together/hooks/index/scripts.post.tpl" in /home/tbd/public_html/lib/templater/Smarty.class.php on line 1095

Warning: Smarty error: unable to read resource: "addons/buy_together/hooks/index/scripts.post.tpl" in /home/tbd/public_html/lib/templater/Smarty.class.php on line 1095

Please advise on how to fix this. I reuploaded Smarty.class.php but this didn’t help.

Anyone else having a problem with the upgrade from 2.1.1 to 2.1.2?? as soon as I apply the upgrade on my test site I get a “500 Internal Server Error”.

NM, was a permission issue…

[quote name=‘ricky’]I just upgraded and realised that it’ll take me a few hours to make modifications to files to get style sheets, etc to how they were modified so I then reverted back using the link given during update. However, now I’m getting the following error on the website:

Please advise on how to fix this. I reuploaded Smarty.class.php but this didn’t help.[/QUOTE]

I think you need to re-upload:

skins/your-skin/customer/addons/buy_together/hooks/index/scripts.post.tpl

not the smarty.class.php

Brandon

Awesome Cs-cart…thanks so much for fixing the “edit checkout” problem that plagued 2.1.1 version…cool…wow…yipe…thanks so much. Here is a big ole thumbs up for the boys behind the code. :wink:

Guess I’ll fix this myself.

Regards,

Grumpy Smurf

[quote name=‘snorocket’]You would have to buy a professional license to download and if you bought a professional license you wouldn’t need the community edition anymore. Hopefully they thought about a way to upgrade from community to pro through the online upgrade process - Sno[/QUOTE]

If 5 people cooperate for one pro license, then rest shape benefits? :slight_smile:

[quote name=‘sixnin9’]When looking at [url]https://www.cs-cart.com/compare.html[/url] I see that “Suppliers can use own shipping methods” is only available in the Multi-Vendor Edition. When looking at my 2.1.2 Professional Edition, I see that I can assign different Shipping Methods per Supplier. Does MV extend this in some way?[/QUOTE]

In Multi-Vendor edition vendors could login into the vendor area and manage their shipping method.

In Professional edition only the administrator could edit supplier’ shippings.

Up updated, cleared cache and now my images on blocks that i use as banners or any category icons no longer display. “imgs” is undefined, Error on line 337, char 5. Please help!

I found out what is was. I was using the folder images/banner to store banner images. This folder was removed either by the update or when i removed the backup installation files form the last updates.

[quote name=‘brandonvd’]I think you need to re-upload:

skins/your-skin/customer/addons/buy_together/hooks/index/scripts.post.tpl

not the smarty.class.php

Brandon[/QUOTE]

The file ‘scripts.post.tpl’ doesn’t exist in the directory ‘skins/your-skin/customer/addons/buy_together/hooks/index/scripts.post.tpl’ - both on my local copy of the site files and on the server

has anyone got this in the quick search addon?

cs-cart quick search.png

How do you enable the new caching mode? I can’t see any option for it.

Hi all,

Can anyone who has upgraded comment on CS Carts performance improvement claims?

Has anyone noticed a big improvement in the front end?

Thanks

John

[quote name=‘argentice’]How do you enable the new caching mode? I can’t see any option for it.[/QUOTE]

on the bottom right corner of the admin page you will see a “Live Mode” link thats the toggle.

Kinda sucks that there is no documentation explaining how to use new features and what their capabilities are.

I will…proper fast now! All my pages load much much quicker than before.

I think there’s a tiny bug with the upgrade.

I went to install the upgrade, but then it said the ftp info was wrong, which is fine, I went and fixed it.

But now if I go to the upgrade center, even though it didn’t install anything, it says

“Some of your files had local modifications. You can check them by clicking the following link: View”

And under installed upgrades it shows the

[QUOTE]" Upgrade 2.1.1 - 2.1.2

Revert | Remove backup files "[/QUOTE]

Which is confusing since it isn’t installed yet. It does still show the upgrade on the upgrade center page and there’s still an “install” button. I’m just concerned about what it’ll think if it tries to install again but it shows it’s already installed. If I click to see the “changes” on the local files, it shows everything in green since there’s nothing to compare them to.

Of course SVN ST shows nothing was changed, so I doubt there’ll be any effect, but it hasn’t done that in previous upgrades.

EDIT:

Err, I reverted to repo and tried again, but now it keeps bringing up an error:

"The upgrade package seems to be broken. Please try to download it again "

It’s always just redownloaded it before, why isn’t it now? Is it now storing more of the info in the db rather than just checking the file? How do I fix this?

What the? How come I cant see the link for “Live Store”?

Where is it again?

Right next to the Close Store link in the lower right-hand corner.

Brandon

[quote]

It’s always just redownloaded it before, why isn’t it now? Is it now storing more of the info in the db rather than just checking the file? How do I fix this?

[/quote]

Actually, it’s always checked the version and whether the downloaded version has a create time of within the last 24 hours. If not, then it will re-download… I believe it would be resolved by removing var/upgrade/upgrade_2.1.1-2.1.2.tgz directory (yes, it’s a directory with a .tgz suffix).

[quote name=‘utilityempire’]Hi all,

Can anyone who has upgraded comment on CS Carts performance improvement claims?

Has anyone noticed a big improvement in the front end?

Thanks

John[/QUOTE]

Yes. Absolutely. The back-end speed has also improved.

Front page blocks come up quite fast - most products after a few loads also come up quickly. A great boost for us.

[quote name=‘phazei’]I think there’s a tiny bug with the upgrade.

I went to install the upgrade, but then it said the ftp info was wrong, which is fine, I went and fixed it.

But now if I go to the upgrade center, even though it didn’t install anything, it says

“Some of your files had local modifications. You can check them by clicking the following link: View”

And under installed upgrades it shows the

Which is confusing since it isn’t installed yet. It does still show the upgrade on the upgrade center page and there’s still an “install” button. I’m just concerned about what it’ll think if it tries to install again but it shows it’s already installed. If I click to see the “changes” on the local files, it shows everything in green since there’s nothing to compare them to.

Of course SVN ST shows nothing was changed, so I doubt there’ll be any effect, but it hasn’t done that in previous upgrades.

[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the information. I’ve posted this bug to our inner bugtracker. It will be fixed in next releases. If you want see the progress on it, you can post it to the [url]CS-Cart Community Forums

[quote name=‘phazei’]

Err, I reverted to repo and tried again, but now it keeps bringing up an error:

"The upgrade package seems to be broken. Please try to download it again "

It’s always just redownloaded it before, why isn’t it now? Is it now storing more of the info in the db rather than just checking the file? How do I fix this?[/QUOTE]

Please check write permissions for var/ and var/upgrade folders. Try to delete /var/upgrade/uc.tgz.

After upgrading I cannot make any orders and the admin tabs are frozen.

I am very sorry that I did not wait as before the upgrade my store was working quite well.