CS-Cart & Wordpress Integration (Quick Cart)

I am building a site using CS-Cart to power the e-come side of the site (obviously) and using Wordpress as a CMS to build out the other pages (i.e. About, Contact, Blog, etc)

The client’s current site is being run on Wordpress, so it would be easier just to add CS-Cart in a sub-directory (e.g. domain.com/store/) to the existing site instead of re-building the entire site in CS-Cart (a big part of the site is a blog, another reason why I’m sticking with Wordpress).

My question is, how can I add the quick-cart (small cart icon w/ items in cart, etc) to the Wordpress theme? Is there a widget available? Or does anyone know of another way I can go about this?

Thanks!

Why would you need to also implement Wordpress. CS-Cart provides content pages for your (somewhat) static content and a ‘news’ section which could easily be used as a blog.

[quote name=‘freshdarren’]I am building a site using CS-Cart to power the e-come side of the site (obviously) and using Wordpress as a CMS to build out the other pages (i.e. About, Contact, Blog, etc)

The client’s current site is being run on Wordpress, so it would be easier just to add CS-Cart in a sub-directory (e.g. domain.com/store/) to the existing site instead of re-building the entire site in CS-Cart (a big part of the site is a blog, another reason why I’m sticking with Wordpress).

My question is, how can I add the quick-cart (small cart icon w/ items in cart, etc) to the Wordpress theme? Is there a widget available? Or does anyone know of another way I can go about this?

Thanks![/QUOTE]

[quote name=‘seven24’]Why would you need to also implement Wordpress. CS-Cart provides content pages for your (somewhat) static content and a ‘news’ section which could easily be used as a blog.[/QUOTE]

The site is already built on Wordpress. I am adding CS-Cart to add e-com functionality. I don’t want to rebuilt the entire site using a different platform.

Any suggestions on adding the quick cart as a widget outside the cs-cart platform?

[quote name=‘seven24’]Why would you need to also implement Wordpress. CS-Cart provides content pages for your (somewhat) static content and a ‘news’ section which could easily be used as a blog.[/QUOTE]

wordpress has lots of functionality that cscart could never beat. On my wordpress site theres a module to show my ebay products, another to allow people to tweet the posts, another to translate all the post into different languages, another to show a calender.

It now built like cscart with blocks you can move by dragging around the screen.

[quote name=‘mrfoameruk’]wordpress has lots of functionality that cscart could never beat. On my wordpress site theres a module to show my ebay products, another to allow people to tweet the posts, another to translate all the post into different languages, another to show a calender.

[/QUOTE]

mrfoameruk,

Do you know of any way I can get the quick cart to on the pages powered by wordpress?

thanks

Being technically inadequate I just have the two things totally separate. Wordpress is just in a subdirectory with links to each other on the front page of each. Sometime I will link a Wordpress post to a product page, but thats as far as i go. It did seem to improve my sales as when i stopped blogging my sales decreased. This could also have been to a couple other thing i did to the site at the same time though.

I took a couple hours and experimented with incorporating CS-cart and WordPress, and I think I’ve got it pretty seamless. Have a look and let me know what you think.

[url]http://www.rusticstyleandcabins.com/[/url]

Hi freshdarren,

Take a look for this guy’s wordpress cs-cart e-commerce solutions. It close to your idea.

[quote name=‘kdlklm’]I took a couple hours and experimented with incorporating CS-cart and WordPress, and I think I’ve got it pretty seamless. Have a look and let me know what you think.

[URL]http://www.rusticstyleandcabins.com/[/URL][/quote]

The iframe looks good…

Looks pretty smooth but it doesn’t seem to be working correctly except from the home page. For example, if you click on the blog from a product page, you get a missing page error.

Still, what you show is pretty much what I’d like to do.

[quote name=‘kdlklm’]I took a couple hours and experimented with incorporating CS-cart and WordPress, and I think I’ve got it pretty seamless. Have a look and let me know what you think.

[url]http://www.rusticstyleandcabins.com/[/url][/QUOTE]

what browser are you using, I can’t seem to replicate the error.