CS-cart wont install on new host

We just bought a VPS server through godaddy.com

Ive got a 3.0.3 pro cs cart file i extracted under the public_html folder.

I changed the install, var, skins permissions to 777 and the config.local.php to 666.

Upon putting the domain name in the URL bar and /install afterwards, it doesn’t go to the install page.

All it is doing is refreshing the page. Then it adds another /install in the url.like so (http://www.harpermoto.com/install/install/install/install/install/install/)

The content on the page just keeps saying:

CS-Cart is not installed. Please click here to start the installation process: [install]

Ive never had this issue before until this new host and have installed cs-cart many times.

Anyone have any thoughts on this issue?

You're not having much luck with hosts…seems like one bad move to another. GoDaddy isn't well regarded at all for web hosting, domain registrar; ok-ish, hosting; poor. I wouldn't advise GoDaddy hosting, but if you're adamant to host with them, then:

Check in your File Manager that all permissions are set correctly on folders (and subfolders) and files. Install CS-Cart — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation

Make sure the settings in config.local.php are correct for your host. Make sure .htaccess is also correct - perhaps even uncomment the “RewriteBase /” line.

Unfortunately, I think he is consciously setting himself up for even more punishment & grief (I don’t recall any knowledgeable / experienced forum members even remotely hinting that go-daddy would be a good option to help with their site issues) ! :shock:

Hint: Personally, I have no current need to switch to a different provider, however, if I do make a move, I will most likely be looking strongly at ServInt based on a few reliable forum source recommendations along with what I gather from their site, I like their logic!

http://www.servint.net/

[quote name='StellarBytes' timestamp='1360704997' post='155070']

You're not having much luck with hosts…seems like one bad move to another. GoDaddy isn't well regarded at all for web hosting, domain registrar; ok-ish, hosting; poor. I wouldn't advise GoDaddy hosting, but if you're adamant to host with them, then:

Check in your File Manager that all permissions are set correctly on folders (and subfolders) and files. http://www.cs-cart.c…stallation.html

Make sure the settings in config.local.php are correct for your host. Make sure .htaccess is also correct - perhaps even uncomment the “RewriteBase /” line.

[/quote]

Nothing but problems. ='(

futurehosting I was constantly having login issues and more.

Myhosting.com was taking 5 days to transfer our domain and kept saying how it would only take an hour to do each time we talked to them

And now GoDaddy.com promised a full range of support and what nor for us. Then lied to use saying that we cant have a managed vps server like they said we would and wouldn't help us whats so ever in anything. And then of coarse when I extracted the download files to the filemanager, Cs-Cart wouldn't install. And im very well aware of how to install cs-cart.

So this whole domain change has been a huge pain in the a**.

So we have cancelled all the accounts with them at this point and are back to square one of the switch.

At this point, hostmonsters server is way better than any of the other host even there server is slow and don't offer vps.

EDIT:

GoDaddy was more of the bosses idea to go to. Our domains are hosted there and has his site there so he decided to switch to them to try them.

At this point he is wanting to stop all the transfers and find out what is really going on with cscart, he is thinking there is something wrong with the software. But Ive done done all the test from what you guys have told me to do. Done all the optimizing, minimizing table counts, clearing cache out, Not sure what else to do to check the site, except from what you (StellarBytes) have told me about the browser caching.

So I'm basically at a lose…Ha ill probably get fired for not being able to get this to work =/

In the grand scheme of things, browser caching will be of minimal help to you if your hosting environment is only useful for serving static html files. Seriously, search this forum. You will find plenty hosts with good recommendations from people who have been using CS-Cart as both store owners and as developers. Use common sense and disregard any recommendations from people with only a couple of posts, chances are they are from the hosts marketing team.

I under stand.

Do you really think it could still just be the host.

Its weird, because at times the site runs fine, but then other times the site is veeeeeeery slow. 30-60s a page to load.

And then maybe 5s on a good day.

I mean why wouldn't it stay consistent. What would actually be throwing it all around?

Numerous factors could be responsible, it's impossible to say exactly which without analysing your site and server, but even then, I would expect given your level of hosting, you wouldn't have enough access on the server to diagnose.

I've never used them, as I run my CS-Cart stores on dedicated servers, but one name I have seen mentioned several times on the forum is ServInt and never seen negative reviews from CS-Cart customers. Get in touch with them, give them all the details you have about your store (# of products (options and variants), customers, orders, database rows and sizes, etc) and see what they can do for you.

Ill contact them and talk to them about that and see what I can find out.

I have a quick question for you and would like to see if you can shine some light on this. I think I know why though.

I have alot of images in out images folder. I wanted to see where the cart puts the images under the detailed image and the thumbnail images. So i just found a image and put it on a product on the website.

It was just called weirdimage45.jpg

what I am seeing is that the picture is stored in thumbnails/3/85/88/weirdimage45.jpg and detailed/3/weirdimage45.jpg.

My question is why exactly is there so many random numbered folders under the thumbnails folder.

Why not just one folder with all the images? And why does it have to go through so many folders to locate the image.

Now my thought on this is because instead of looking in one folder with 32,000 items in it which would take forever for the site to find an image, it breaks the images up into smaller folders so it can locate them easier. Such as like the defragment of a hard drive on your computer.

Is that correct?

No,

The numbered folders was designed for people with no knowledge of FTP.

When you access an FTP folder, there are HARD limits to the amount of files that will be listed, when you exceed that limit it stops showing after a certain number of listings.

ie:

30,000 images

3,000 HARD DISPLAY limit

3,000 images shown to the admin/customer/web developer.

What CS-Cart did, was purely cater for idiots (and PR by proxy) who just took up the idea/statement that

“CS-Cart is DELETING MY FILES!, this software sucks, my previous cart didn't do this…”

instead of looking up the root cause of the display (like you did).

thumbnails/3/85/88/weirdimage45.jpg

thumbnail = folder

3 = third folder of 'x' images (where 'x' is listed in your config.local.php file)

85 = 85px width

88 = 88px high

weirdimage45.jpg = file name.

The reason you have a lot of images could be attributed to adding and removing products enmasse earlier in the site's lifetime.

Steps to save your job;

#1 - Move everything to ServInt

#2 - Request that ServInt migrate your hosting and create private nameservers (if you don't already have them)

#3 - Load CS-Cart up, do a speed test

#4 - Paste the speed tests here for the forum's review

#5 - Where it is not acceptable, tell us

It sounds as though you have bloat code/database tables from previous versions that are not displaying the appropriate errors, causing the lag. Noted that you have 30,000 products.

regards,

The J.

Ah, well I guess I now have a better understanding for the images now. Appreciate that.

As far as the hosting goes, we are waiting now on switching over to a new host.

Wants me to look into the site as it stands now to see if I can find any other issue with cs cart or the DB.

Although I have already looked everywhere, cleared everything that I can and that I know is safe to clear.

I can pop up a speed test as the site stands right now if you'd like though.

I could do with a laugh, which host did you choose this time? :grin:

Well I chose the futurehosting and the myhosting.

But the last one that was chose that we tried wasn't picked by me. Boss decided to try godaddy. They didn't prove any better than the current host we are with now.

I thought you were already with futurehosting and moved from them to GoDaddy? Who is your site live with now?

Who would consciously move to goDaddy? I can see a naive user starting out at goDaddy, but I certainly don't understand why anyone who reads these forums would go TO goDaddy for anything.

[quote name='tbirnseth' timestamp='1361035826' post='155571']

Who would consciously move to goDaddy? I can see a naive user starting out at goDaddy, but I certainly don't understand why anyone who reads these forums would go TO goDaddy for anything.

[/quote]

The boss doesn't read these forums. Only I do. He decided to go there because his site is there(not an eCommerce site) and our domains are hosted there.

We have always been hosted at hostmonster.com

Then tried futurehosting, didn't work so then we tried Myhosting and last the boss wanted to go with godaddy and none worked.

So, did you try ServInt? Or are you still trying to get Futurehosting or Myhosting to work?

Guess you'll have to have the decision maker fix it then or maybe suggest they limit their decisions within their expertise. Of course you can rely on godaddy support to quickly resolve any issues you might have. NOT!

[quote name='StellarBytes' timestamp='1361055415' post='155583']

So, did you try ServInt? Or are you still trying to get Futurehosting or Myhosting to work?

[/quote]

No were still with hostmonster cause futurehosting couldn't transfer over a “customized” cPanel

and myhosting kept telling us one thing and it wasn't happening. When they said to do a domain transfer

So we are still with the hostmonster right now. The boss is talking to someone he knows about a dedicated server.