CS CART VS hostgator experience share pls ?

Please i really hope to get a good hosting for cscart, however, it seems very hard to get a good answer from the CS team.

first of all, i am using bluehost, and now i got CPU throttling.

secondly, i have do a lot of searches, i guess hostgator is likely to be used on cscart,

if you have any experience, please post it and help me a little bit.

Thank you

First and foremost, which country are you based/your stores primary market?

hi StellarBytes, my site is aiming on U.S. and europe countries.

I've had positive experiences with hostgator.

While I've never had any of my sites on hostgator personally, I've helped numerous people that do use them and their sites seem to work well.

My only beef with them was their VPS plans. It isn't that they are bad, but I just think you can get more bang for your buck from other places.

For shared hosting and dedicated hosting, they seem to be great though.

[quote name=‘tbirnseth’ timestamp=‘1332104962’ post=‘133374’]

I’ve had positive experiences with hostgator.

[/quote]

hi tbirnseth, thank you for your sharing. ;)

[quote name='brandonvd' timestamp='1332109764' post='133377']

While I've never had any of my sites on hostgator personally, I've helped numerous people that do use them and their sites seem to work well.

My only beef with them was their VPS plans. It isn't that they are bad, but I just think you can get more bang for your buck from other places.

For shared hosting and dedicated hosting, they seem to be great though.

[/quote]

hi bradon, so you still use the hostgator ?

i have browsed most of post about hostgator, it is said that there is a problem on the cs cart installation.

do you have it before and how to resolve it ? i mean i need a instruction step by step.

thank you.

@brandon - what are you basing your “bang for the buck” on? Price isn't everything. Remember that a VPS is only as good as the underlying server and the integrity of the provider. There is nothing to prevent any host from having a server that only supports some small portion of the sum of VPS resources committed. That's why VPS's are pretty much a joke. The only advantage is that you get a separate instance of msyqld so your database(s) are not contending with the same filesystem area as other sites on the server. You might think you are buying a guarantee of cpu and memory, but in reality, if there is more sold than the server has, it will share it.