CS-Cart v2.2.1 is on!

[quote name='lauraluc' timestamp='1310218734' post='116705']

As an aside, more than one of us have just switched from Interspire recently. I would try to work out any issues you have with the CS-Cart support staff before switching to ISC - paying for support from CS-Cart is much cheaper and easier than ISC's support. If you really need to switch to something else, pick something other than ISC. Sorry to butt in, but if the shoe were on the other foot I'd want to know. Fee free to PM me if you have any questions comparing the two programs - I had ISC for 2 yrs.

Anyway, I am looking forward to installing the update!

[/quote]

Thank you for your input about ISC. My biggest concern at the moment is that the 2.2 upgrade is still not showing up in the Upgrade Center of my store. We are still eligible for upgrades and the files are available when I log into my account at CS-CART. However, I don't know anyone who is clear on doing a manual upgrade. I certainly am not. And I have “refreshed” the packages multiple times daily and it's simply not there. I would be curious to hear if anyone else has not received the update yet.

Richard

The wysiwyg editor is very simple with very few options compared to before the upgrade. I cannot make tables ir anything. It is only one row of options for either editors.

should probably verify your license key. I would expect that by now they would have released to everyone. They (properly) do an incremental rollout so that if there are problems, the help-desk can keep up with it.

What do you see if you click “Refresh packages” in the Upgrade center after removing var/upgrade/packages.xml?

[quote name='Jayhawk' timestamp='1310348936' post='116820']

The wysiwyg editor is very simple with very few options compared to before the upgrade. I cannot make tables ir anything. It is only one row of options for either editors.

[/quote]

I do not even see how to goto full screen to edit anymore, and you are right, where are the tables options (one of the best tools to keep your images and text formatted), no video options either???

I think we can install more add-ons for tinymce. But I don`t know where and how to do this. Here: The Most Advanced WYSIWYG HTML Editor | Trusted Rich Text Editor | TinyMCE you can see full editor. Hope someone help us with the editor, I really need an editor and not html source editor!

[quote name='tbirnseth' timestamp='1310361271' post='116827']

should probably verify your license key. I would expect that by now they would have released to everyone. They (properly) do an incremental rollout so that if there are problems, the help-desk can keep up with it.

What do you see if you click “Refresh packages” in the Upgrade center after removing var/upgrade/packages.xml?

[/quote]

Not true. I have 3 active licenses on my account and none of them have been pushed the upgrade. This does however raise the question on when should the updates be pushed to all customers?

[quote name='gidarren' timestamp='1309892441' post='116316']

This is awesome… you guys did a really good job. Whats great about your cart upgrades is you are really listening to the customers! The cart will only get better and better…

[/quote]

Yes, I totally agree also.

[quote name='fordemblemstore.com' timestamp='1310341882' post='116816']

Thank you for your input about ISC. My biggest concern at the moment is that the 2.2 upgrade is still not showing up in the Upgrade Center of my store. We are still eligible for upgrades and the files are available when I log into my account at CS-CART. However, I don't know anyone who is clear on doing a manual upgrade. I certainly am not. And I have “refreshed” the packages multiple times daily and it's simply not there. I would be curious to hear if anyone else has not received the update yet.

Richard

[/quote]

I think you have a bigger problem than upgrading, do you know your checkout isn't secure?

Hi all, i'm just a little worried about the image titles. Can I ask how the Image text is retrieved? is it whatever is in the Alt Text or is it what the file is called?

Thanks

@Whiplash13, the problem with the upgrade not being pushed to your carts due to an error with CS-Cart Servers not being properly forwarded to the location of the new upgrades. The old one was: http://helpdesk.cs-cart.com, however the new updates are found at: http://updates.cs-cart.com . In short, go to administration, settings, upgrade center, and change the updates server to: http://updates.cs-cart.com . Then refresh the packages. I got this information from someone who actually knows something (Directly from CS Cart help ticket) and wants to help out here unlike Chris W who had no interest in helping me, but only in browsing my site about an hour ago and finding fault. We use PayPal API so payments are actually handled off-site. But that's a totally different subject that wasn't even being discussed. The problem I now have is the update is in the upgrade center but fails every time we try to load it. We've cleared the cache, optimized the database, and tried several times but it fails to upgrade. Curious to hear from anyone else who has or is having a problem with the actual upgrade process and would want to discuss that topic. Thanks.

fordemblemstore.com - Can you indicate what the error is you receive when you try to upgrade?

I found the upgrade went pretty well when I did my test site. However, I will wait for another release (at least) before doing my production site.

[quote name='tbirnseth' timestamp='1310412784' post='116907']

fordemblemstore.com - Can you indicate what the error is you receive when you try to upgrade?

I found the upgrade went pretty well when I did my test site. However, I will wait for another release (at least) before doing my production site.

[/quote]

tbirnseth, thank you for your message. Each time, the upgrade will “hang” and give errors reading 2-5 line of the DB. I am on shared hosting, which I thought may be the problem. I went through FTP and deleted the upgrade directory and tried again (5 times now), but each time it with either time out or error. I'm not sure what to do at this point. I'm quite sure that if I put the problem on a “ticket” CS, will simply say its a server problem with my host and they need temporary access. It's been the standard answer we receive any time we contact them. We really like CS cart and understand it is a work in progress, but a manual method of upgrading would be great. I am reasonably sure I'm not the only one who has had problems with upgrades over the years. But because this upgrade has a slicker admin panel we opted to stick with CS and see if we could continue to grow with them. ISC hands down has the slickest admin area around, but I've really been excited about seeing where CS would go.

Any help would be appreciated.

I guess I would wait out the 'hang' until either you get a Server Misconfiguration Error from Apache or some PHP timeout indicating other problems.

This is a pretty big DB update so being on a shared server might in fact be part of your problem if your host is too restrictive about cpu time, DB accesses, etc.

If you have a problem, you should see an indication in your PHP error_log or possibly your host can tell you if there's a mysql problem from the my_log in /var/log directory of the server.

[quote name='tbirnseth' timestamp='1310414562' post='116918']

I guess I would wait out the 'hang' until either you get a Server Misconfiguration Error from Apache or some PHP timeout indicating other problems.

This is a pretty big DB update so being on a shared server might in fact be part of your problem if your host is too restrictive about cpu time, DB accesses, etc.

If you have a problem, you should see an indication in your PHP error_log or possibly your host can tell you if there's a mysql problem from the my_log in /var/log directory of the server.

[/quote]

tbirnseth, Thank you for your response. I'm leaning towards the size of the upgrade and shared hosting being the problem, as we've done 7 updates in the past without a hitch. But surely we are not the only ones on shared hosting with a problem so hopefully some one else will chime in.

@fordemblemstore, thank you for the information as now on the 3 domains I own the license to, the upgrade package displays. Odd though as I manage 2 other carts that both had helpdesk.cs-cart.com and they had the updates in their package list.

[quote name='whiplash13' timestamp='1310417809' post='116926']

@fordemblemstore, thank you for the information as now on the 3 domains I own the license to, the upgrade package displays. Odd though as I manage 2 other carts that both had helpdesk.cs-cart.com and they had the updates in their package list.

[/quote]

Yes, we were told by CS that they had a redirect in place to take care of the url change. However, they advised there was a problem with the server and the redirect did not work. They further advised to simply change the url as I mentioned earlier.

I'm curious as to if you are on shared hosting and if your upgrades go smoothly as we still are unable to upgrade and because of this may end up moving from CSCart.

[quote name='fordemblemstore.com' timestamp='1310411895' post='116903']

I got this information from someone who actually knows something (Directly from CS Cart help ticket) and wants to help out here unlike Chris W who had no interest in helping me, but only in browsing my site about an hour ago and finding fault. We use PayPal API so payments are actually handled off-site.

[/quote]

Forgive me for trying to help, it won't happen again. I wasn't looking for issues on your site, I was there because I like to support merchants on this forum who use CSC, and was actually planning on buying something for my F250 until I got to checkout and it wasn't secure so I left. How am I supposed to know you use Paypal to process payments? Not that that matters because I am still not going to put my name, address, etc on an unsecure page. I could really care less if you loose sales because your checkout isn't secure, I know you lost mine.

[quote name='fordemblemstore.com' timestamp='1310418214' post='116927']

Yes, we were told by CS that they had a redirect in place to take care of the url change. However, they advised there was a problem with the server and the redirect did not work. They further advised to simply change the url as I mentioned earlier.

I'm curious as to if you are on shared hosting and if your upgrades go smoothly as we still are unable to upgrade and because of this may end up moving from CSCart.

[/quote]

I am not on a shared hosting account, I have a VPS Hybrid from Wired Tree.

[quote name='whiplash13' timestamp='1310475425' post='117028']

I am not on a shared hosting account, I have a VPS Hybrid from Wired Tree.

[/quote]

I'm sure that does make a huge difference. An update this large is apparently not shared hosting friendly. Although no one else has chimed in with a similar problem. I did manage to do a upgrade at 3am. My thoughts were that traffic would be low and it would work. For the most part it did. The admin panel looks nice, but I don't really see any advantages. In fact I have some issues like not being able to log into the admin panel after upgrade. The only way I can log in is to use the password recovery link in the email. Then I do not see the social media login. My guess is that it didn't get included in the upgrade as expected. And lastly, I have no idea how to get the “hovering” shopping cart on the customer side like the one in the demo of this release. Lastly the site speed has slowed to a crawl. I'm wondering if I should revert back to 2.1.4. Frustrated and hopeful all at once this morning.

cleared cache with ?cc, manually deleted everything from cache through FTP, optimized database, used “forgot password” link and changed password - still unable to login directly. I have to go through the forgot password steps and then login through the link in the email. What in the upgrade would cause this? Any help would be appreciated.