CS-Cart v2.2.1 is on!

Hi my installation is not working.

It hangs right here and not moving on. http://www.mysite.com/admin.php?dispatch=upgrade_center.check

[quote name='miracles' timestamp='1309930018' post='116338']

Third - Did anyone installed Janrain addon, any demo ?

[/quote]

Its very simple to setup

A little guide below.

1. install and activate janrain in cs-cart
  2. click on the janrai addon to open the settings
  3. go to janrain.com and click the get it ow button on the banner
  4. choose the basic package unless you wish to pay
  5. sign in with your preferred account, ive chosen google in this example

6. enter your details, name, company, email then click next
  7. choose an application name, when you do this below the box will be a domain name

copy this and paste in to the application domain on your cs-cart janrain options popup
  8. go back to the janrain widow and click create application
  9. on the next page click get started
  10. click sign in for websites on the right hand menu
  11. type your website domain in to the token url box and click next

12, on this page at step 2. theres an api key, copy this and paste in to the api key box on your

cs-cart janrain options, click save on the addon
  12. back on janrain.com click next
  13. choose the logins you want your customers to use, you can only pick 6 on the basic package

ones with the cog require extra steps, to keep it simple choose ones without, these can be chaged later

once you have it setup,
  14. oce youve chosen click save, at the top a green box will popup
  15. click launch test widget to see if it works

thats it, done, you can now close the janrain page

go to your website, click the sign in butto, click the social login button and you should get the janrain popup

some screen shots in posts below

Where to find jquery file, so i will update the jquery ?

Hello!

The elRTE Editor was removed from this release because it worked unstably. In this release only two editors work: CKEditor and TinyMCE . Sorry for the confusing description in the ChangeLog.

If the style of the administration panel seems to be incorrect after the upgrade process, please try to clear browser cache.

The “Searchanise” feature was added only to CS-Cart Community Edition. It works like the “Quick Search” add-on in CS-Cart Professional Edition. You can check its work by clicking on the “Search Preview” link on the quick search page details in the administration panel of your store.

Anastasiya Kozlova

CS-Cart Support team

dear support team,

i have not got the upgrade. will it come to me soon? thanks.

Hello Bayside, [quote name='bayside' timestamp='1310032312' post='116451']

dear support team,

i have not got the upgrade. will it come to me soon? thanks.

[/quote]

Since recently, we gradually provide our customers with an upgrade package in order to avoid high workload of our technical support department in case of any problems with upgrading. The upgrade package should be available to all CS-Cart owners in next 3 days. Please check it from time to time (click on the “refresh packages list” link on the “Upgrade center” page of your CS-Cart admin panel).

Anastasiya Kozlova

CS-Cart Support team

[quote name='CS-Cart Support team' timestamp='1310035158' post='116454']

Hello Bayside,

Since recently, we gradually provide our customers with an upgrade package in order to avoid high workload of our technical support department in case of any problems with upgrading. The upgrade package should be available to all CS-Cart owners in next 3 days. Please check it from time to time (click on the “refresh packages list” link on the “Upgrade center” page of your CS-Cart admin panel).

Anastasiya Kozlova

CS-Cart Support team

[/quote]

Thank you!

You are welcome, Bayside.

Anastasiya Kozlova

CS-Cart Support team

[quote name='CS-Cart Support team' timestamp='1310038916' post='116461']

You are welcome, Bayside.

Anastasiya Kozlova

CS-Cart Support team

[/quote]

Installed! smooth running.

Thank you.

And now it gives me this.

Does anyone know what this means?

[color=“#FF0000”]Error

The upgrade package seems to be broken. Please try to download it again[/color]

I have a Janrain addon question.

Is logging into cs-cart using Janrain login the same as creating an account on cs-cart? I currentlycan only assign groups to customers that create a cs-cart account. Can I still assign groups to customers logging in with Janrain?

Thanks,

Bob

[quote name='pbannette' timestamp='1310077208' post='116511']

Is logging into cs-cart using Janrain login the same as creating an account on cs-cart? I currentlycan only assign groups to customers that create a cs-cart account. Can I still assign groups to customers logging in with Janrain?

Thanks,

Bob

[/quote]

I would like to know this answer also.

[quote name='pbannette' timestamp='1310077208' post='116511']

Thanks,

Bob

[/quote]

Hi all,

When a user logs into CS-Cart using Janrain login for the first time a new account is created the same way as in the default CS-Cart system, and this user can update his/her account as needed.

I've just tested the usergroups functionality and it works fine with the Janrain addon. I've logged into CS-Cart using Jangrain addon and assigned a usergroup to a new user.

So, if you face any difficulties with the Janrain addon and usergroups functionality please provide a detailed description of your problem and step-by-step instructions on how we can reproduce it.

Thank you.

Dear all!

If you experience any problems when upgrading the store to CS-Cart version 2.2.1 , please contact us via Customer Help Desk at once and provide temporary access to your server in order that we could resolve the problem for you at the first opportunity.

If the problem is caused by the upgrade script, no credits will be subtracted from your account.

Anastasiya Kozlova

CS-Cart Support team

I still have not received the upgrade package at my store. When can I expect to receive it, as we were looking at switching to Interspire but want to give the new 2.2 a chance first?

[quote name='CS-Cart Support team' timestamp='1310122695' post='116567']

Dear all!

If you experience any problems when upgrading the store to CS-Cart version 2.2.1 , please contact us via Customer Help Desk at once and provide temporary access to your server in order that we could resolve the problem for you at the first opportunity.

If the problem is caused by the upgrade script, no credits will be subtracted from your account.

Anastasiya Kozlova

CS-Cart Support team

[/quote]

I have contacted you I am having problems upgrading you I created a help desk ticket (ID: #100364240), provided temporary FTP access and noone has responded! I have support credits if needed, please review my ticket and assist my trouble.

Thank you

[quote name='fordemblemstore.com' timestamp='1310142248' post='116596']

I still have not received the upgrade package at my store. When can I expect to receive it, as we were looking at switching to Interspire but want to give the new 2.2 a chance first?

[/quote]

As an aside, more than one of us have just switched from Interspire recently. I would try to work out any issues you have with the CS-Cart support staff before switching to ISC - paying for support from CS-Cart is much cheaper and easier than ISC's support. If you really need to switch to something else, pick something other than ISC. Sorry to butt in, but if the shoe were on the other foot I'd want to know. Fee free to PM me if you have any questions comparing the two programs - I had ISC for 2 yrs.

Anyway, I am looking forward to installing the update!

Upgrade to 2.2.1 was pretty smooth for me. One of these days I’ll learn Hooks so I don’t have to change 15 templates each time I upgrade :)

I like the new interface… The color scheme looks very professional