Cs-Cart Uservoice (Ideas) - Separate Category For Third Party Developers

Hello Guys,

I would like to hear your opinion on the following:

What if we create a separate category in the Uservoice called “Marketplace add-ons” and assign it to all the ideas that CS-Cart is not going to implement, at least in the nearest future.

I see the following benefits:

• There would be much more chances that CS-Cart is not going to include this feature to default functionality - so you can sell/distribute your add-on.
  • Customers will be still able to vote for such ideas thus both customers/developers can see how popular is the idea in case it is going to be implemented as an add-on.

At the moment such ideas are just declined, with a note about third-party add-ons:

https://cscart.userv…-supplier-s-xml

https://cscart.userv…-sale-interface

But I suppose it would be move convenient to assign “Marketplace add-ons” category to an idea once we decide to forward it to a third-party developers thus the idea will still be active - people may vote for it and developers my ask some questions.

Here is the example of how can it would look like:

https://cscart.userv…etplace-add-ons

The main idea of this is to enhance coordination between developers and customers.

P.S. In order to login to Uservoice you should click the Ideas link in the Forum header. Make sure you are logged in to the Forum.

Your thoughts are greatly appreciated!

This is a good idea and it will be good to know what is on cs-cart roadmap already. It seems the current roadmap is not up to date and complete.

Im unable to post to the ideas thing. Just keeps wanting me to sign in over and over, with multiple browsers.

[quote name=‘parodius420’ timestamp=‘1413314296’ post=‘194178’]

Im unable to post to the ideas thing. Just keeps wanting me to sign in over and over, with multiple browsers.

[/quote]

I have a very similar issue. It’s very strange. See my post

the user voice software prevents me from voting and often doesn't log me in.

I doubt it's effective in showing what suggestions are in demand.

Best to replace the whole thing with something that works for everyone.

Dear Imac,

[quote name='imac' timestamp='1413292906' post='194152']

Hello Guys,

I would like to hear your opinion on the following:

What if we create a separate category in the Uservoice called “Marketplace add-ons” and assign it to all the ideas that CS-Cart is not going to implement, at least in the nearest future.

I see the following benefits:

• There would be much more chances that CS-Cart is not going to include this feature to default functionality - so you can sell/distribute your add-on.
  • Customers will be still able to vote for such ideas thus both customers/developers can see how popular is the idea in case it is going to be implemented as an add-on.

At the moment such ideas are just declined, with a note about third-party add-ons:

https://cscart.userv…-supplier-s-xml

https://cscart.userv…-sale-interface

But I suppose it would be move convenient to assign “Marketplace add-ons” category to an idea once we decide to forward it to a third-party developers thus the idea will still be active - people may vote for it and developers my ask some questions.

Here is the example of how can it would look like:

https://cscart.userv…etplace-add-ons

The main idea of this is to enhance coordination between developers and customers.

P.S. In order to login to Uservoice you should click the Ideas link in the Forum header. Make sure you are logged in to the Forum.

Your thoughts are greatly appreciated!

[/quote]

It is very very useful feature. To tell the true it will be great if you combine all ideas/CS-Cart add-on/Market Place add-on

Like as:

User voice idea - Market place add-on with similar idea - CS-Cart add-on with similar idea

So, customers will be able understand idea easily / add personal features. Developers will be able analyze market (developed add-ons) and needs of customers.

Thank you.

[quote name='parodius420' timestamp='1413314296' post='194178']

[/quote]

[quote name='Olof' timestamp='1413314804' post='194180']

I have a very similar issue. It's very strange. See my post

http://forum.cs-cart…__fromsearch__1

[/quote]

[quote name='P-Pharma' timestamp='1413319594' post='194189']

the user voice software prevents me from voting and often doesn't log me in.

I doubt it's effective in showing what suggestions are in demand.

Best to replace the whole thing with something that works for everyone.

[/quote]

Guys, at the moment there is a problem with authorization we are working on it.

The main point is that you can authorize at cscart.uservoice.com only using your forum account.

The workaround is: Being logged at the Forum, click the Ideas link in the Header of this forum, and you will be logged at uservoice

Good idea, very convenient for the developers.

We also like this idea.

But Cart-Power is right. It is better to think over the convenience for the customers and for the third-party developers.

Best regards, Alt-team.

[quote name='cscartrocks' timestamp='1413293206' post='194154']

This is a good idea and it will be good to know what is on cs-cart roadmap already. It seems the current roadmap is not up to date and complete.

[/quote]

I've just updated the roadmap.

Please note that even though the v4.2.3 features are placed in Recently Released column, we have not yet released the 4.2.3.

Most probably the release will be tomorrow.

[quote name='Cart-Power' timestamp='1413351296' post='194207']

Dear Imac,

It is very very useful feature. To tell the true it will be great if you combine all ideas/CS-Cart add-on/Market Place add-on

Like as:

User voice idea - Market place add-on with similar idea - CS-Cart add-on with similar idea

So, customers will be able understand idea easily / add personal features. Developers will be able analyze market (developed add-ons) and needs of customers.

Thank you.

[/quote]

Cart-Power,

I'm not quite sure if I understand your idea correctly.

Can you please expand this example:

[quote name='CS-Market' timestamp='1413360526' post='194217']

Good idea, very convenient for the developers.

[/quote]

[quote name='Alt-team' timestamp='1413365163' post='194227']

We also like this idea.

But Cart-Power is right. It is better to think over the convenience for the customers and for the third-party developers.

Best regards, Alt-team.

[/quote]

I think it could be convenient for both developers and users.

We can inform users when an idea is moved from CS-cart category to “Marketplace add-ons” category - so they will be able to take away their votes if they don't want it as a third-party add-on or leave some comments about how it could be implemented.

In this case developers can see more real picture about feature and make a decision if they are ready to create such modification or not.

[quote name='imac' timestamp='1413383123' post='194260']

[/quote]

Thank you! Its great to see that you plan to have addon upgrades available through the upgrade center.

[quote name='imac' timestamp='1413383123' post='194260']

Please note that even though the v4.2.3 features are placed in Recently Released column, we have not yet released the 4.2.3.

Most probably the release will be tomorrow.

[/quote]

Thank you imac!

[quote name='imac' timestamp='1413383395' post='194262']

Cart-Power,

I'm not quite sure if I understand your idea correctly.

Can you please expand this example:

[/quote]

Imac,

Sure. We just tell about convenient and relationships between idea, add-ons included in CS-Cart, MarketPlace add-ons.

For example, a lot of customers would like to see Extended Comments and Reviews add-on. So, there is an UserVoice Idea named “Extended Comments and Reviews” if we go to this idea we see information about all developed similar add-ons on market place and name of CS-Cart original add-on (Comments and Reviews). May be additionally link to KB.

We hope it makes sense.

Thank you.

[quote name='Cart-Power' timestamp='1413439124' post='194310']

Imac,

Sure. We just tell about convenient and relationships between idea, add-ons included in CS-Cart, MarketPlace add-ons.

For example, a lot of customers would like to see Extended Comments and Reviews add-on. So, there is an UserVoice Idea named “Extended Comments and Reviews” if we go to this idea we see information about all developed similar add-ons on market place and name of CS-Cart original add-on (Comments and Reviews). May be additionally link to KB.

We hope it makes sense.

Thank you.

[/quote]

Ok, I see.

Yes sure that would be a great idea.

In fact each developer can post the link to his add-on in the comments and once I change the idea status, I will summarize this in one place.