CS Cart Trial expiry / Dev zone / Limitations

Hi guys/gals,

Firstly I would like to congratulate you on a fine piece of software and an addition to the e-commerce market that really makes setting up sites for the novice and developers alike very straight forward and full of possibilities.

I have downloaded the trial version which I am currently using as a dev zone to check out the structure, .tpl and php configurations. I am very impressed with how well this is put together and due to it’s structure is relativel;y easy to modify to meet the design spec for the site.

My question is this. After my trial runs out and I have purchased the professional version for my client, which I might add is the first in a line of clients waiting in the e-commerce queue. Can I still keep the trial version running as a test zone?

Personally I have no interest in buying a full version as I will simply not be using it to trade and the store will never go ‘live’, this will strictly be for testing modifications before implementing them on a clients site.

Cheers.

vB

I don’t if your allowed to keep the trial version going? but in the terms of the reseller programme, it says the reseller programme is only open to people who already have an existing commercial license with cs-cart (either professional or multi vendor). Have a look @ [url]https://www.cs-cart.com/reseller-program.html[/url]

I wouldn’t consider the reseller program as I wouldn’t be able to guarantee I’d be buying 6+ licenses per year, although thinking about it maybe that’s not a bad option. Am I willing to fork out $700 for this privelidge? If I can get 3 guaranteed clients and use the fee they pay to cover this … maybe.

But for the moment the CS Cart license will be registered in the clients name so I am not involved or benefitting at all.

All I want is a working environment to use for quality control.

Use your clients license. As long as you don’t go public/live with it, you’re okay.

[quote name=‘Virtualburn’]My question is this. After my trial runs out and I have purchased the professional version for my client, which I might add is the first in a line of clients waiting in the e-commerce queue. Can I still keep the trial version running as a test zone?[/quote]

* You may install CS-Cart Trial only on one website available through the Internet.

* You may install CS-Cart Trial for personal use only. Passing the software or any of its parts to a third-party is strictly prohibited.

* You may use CS-Cart Trial only for 60 (sixty) days following the day you’ve downloaded a distribution package with the software. After the trial period is over, you must either purchase the full commercial license or remove your copy of CS-Cart Trial.

I would ask CS-Cart team if you can use the trial version after the period on a local server (PC).