CS-Cart SaaS Is on the Horizon

Tony,

We are still discussing the support policies in regards to the SaaS service.

By this moment it is preliminary approved that, comparing to the downloadable CS-Cart, technical support for SaaS will be provided on the weekends too and within the extended range of working hours.

This is our current plan to start with. Of course, 24/7 service is our global aim here, but it will take time to get to this point of service.

As for 3rd party add-on developers, our architect team will dedicate a certain amount of their time to process request from the approved partners every week.

More details on this will be shared when we launch our new marketplace which is currently under active development.

Thanks for the update. I am very excited to see the marketplace. I believe it will be great exposure for 3rd party developers and also build the name of CS-Cart.

Hello,

I setup my demo Saas site. I got thrown out of admin and now I can't get back to the admin login page. What is the admin URL? I am new to the product so apologize for my ignorance.

Thanks, Gary

Hello,

I apologize for my last post. All I had to do was look in the Email you sent when I signed up for the SaaS demo. Sorry

However, I have run into what I believe is a legitimate issue. I used the Theme Editor to change the theme logo for the Satori Preset. However, I can't find a way to change the logo back to the original. When looking at the logos, there is no “Reset Logos” button. However, when in the other customize categories there is a “Reset” button. I have tried this in both the latest versions of Firefox and Chrome.

Thanks, Gary

Just curious. How will this SSL stuff work with SAAS Cs.cart ?

I came to CS Cart from Interspire. Everyone in the interspire community knew they were creating what would eventually become Big Commerce but no one in their community, developers or users, was excited about it. The reason was that during the year they were developing Big Commerce they completely stopped supporting Interspire, and I mean completely. Not responding to support request, severe bugs, anything. During this time, people were purchasing licenses for Interspire even though interspire's plan was to retire it within 18 months.

I am curious about your SaaS offering but as someone who just upgraded two licenses to 4x, I'd like to know if

1. There will be a financial migration plan to go from standalone to SaaS
  2. Will there be tools or a service to completely migrate the database and design to the SaaS (customers, orders etc.)
  3. Twigmo - I just received the notice that Twigmo will be a paid service beginning soon. Will Twigmo be part of the SaaS platform.

Thanks.

Regarding email addresses collected during user registrations.

I need an assurance that the addresses will not be 'made available'

to anyone other than the store owner.

Hey CS-Cart saas guys. Can you spare one of your staff to give us an update on Saas arrival ( according to your Facebook photo

you seem to have around 50 staff ).

I am very keen to leave all this head scratching behind.

I look forward to having a store where I don't have to worry about my CS-Cart doing strange things and

( sometimes ) finding solutions in the forum. For the most part the solutions are for php gurus.

It's time consuming, extremely frustrating and with no live support can at times be absolutely infuriating.

I don't care how much technobabble you want to throw in, I would love to read a daily blog entry on the

Saas progress.

Edited 23rd December 2013

To add…

Sorry but not funny.

It's been 3 weeks since I asked about security of email data.

3 weeks.

4 WEEKS NOW…

since I asked about security of customers email addresses.

[quote name='admin' timestamp='1381494580' post='169551']

Hi Marc,

Thanks for the good question.

Generally speaking, CS-Cart SaaS will not affect current reselling program anyhow. We are continuing to sign up new resellers and even plan to introduce a new grade of discounted price for bulk purchases of 50+ CS-Cart licenses.

As for SaaS reselling, most probably, we will run an affiliate program later when the service is mature enough to be actively promoted. As far as I know, reselling subscription plans is not a popular model of business for SaaS projects. So the affiliate program is the most probable our choice.

Also, we plan to launch a CS-Cart marketplace in a nearest time where our partners will be able to provide free and paid themes, add-ons, integration extensions for both CS-Cart SaaS and CS-Cart Downloadable users. CS-Cart SaaS is the driving force for the marketplace project.

And in terms of that CS-Cart SaaS brings some benefits to the licensed CS-Cart users and resellers.

[/quote]

Regarding resellers, you guys could have a look at how they are doing it at other shopping carts in the cloud: 25 percent recurring commission seems to be the industry standard

Been keeping a close eye on CS-Cart for two years now. I have been hesitating to switch to CS since I need realtime support for my shopping cart in case of emergency. I hope the CS-Cart SaaS will have an option for realtime support during normal business hours (I understand this is practically 24 hours since you have users worldwide). For my business, I am more than happy to pay a premium for good and fast support.

Looking forward to learn more about this offering.

I'm excited about the idea of CS-Cart SaaS. Cs-cart is getting better and better, so that there isn't much that needs customising these days in my view.

The critical things that I would need to become a SaaS customer are:

1. To be able to use secure SMTP for email with googlemail and amazon SES
  2. To be able to modify template files for both customer AND admin areas - especially invoice.tpl
  3. For the datafeed module to exclude out-of-stock products and run daily automatically
  4. To be able to bulk update the status of orders
  5. Er… that's it!

Hi Charles,

1. Yes this feature in CS-Cart for a long long time already. It will be available in Saas version.
  2. Most probably we will add this feature but not in the first version. there could be some problems with upgrade flow, thats why this feature won't be avaialble at first.
  3. It's more like a feature request for CS-Cart functionality. Sounds reasonable, I will take a look at this.
  4. You can do it using API. We do not plan to add this feature to CS-Cart as a core functionality.

[quote name=‘termalert’ timestamp=‘1387370611’ post=‘173716’]

Hey CS-Cart saas guys. Can you spare one of your staff to give us an update on Saas arrival ( according to your Facebook photo

you seem to have around 50 staff ).

I am very keen to leave all this head scratching behind.

I look forward to having a store where I don’t have to worry about my CS-Cart doing strange things and

( sometimes ) finding solutions in the forum. For the most part the solutions are for php gurus.

It’s time consuming, extremely frustrating and with no live support can at times be absolutely infuriating.

I don’t care how much technobabble you want to throw in, I would love to read a daily blog entry on the

Saas progress.

Edited 23rd December 2013

To add…

Sorry but not funny.

It’s been 3 weeks since I asked about security of email data.

3 weeks.

[/quote]

Dear termalert,

I apologize for that your question was ignored. Sometimes, we are just too focused on our technical tasks :-(

But keep in mind, if you have a question to the CS-Cart staff - the best way to ask it is the Contact Us form on our site, or a new Help Desk ticket - this way you have a gurantee to get an answer within one business day.

As for you request, that’s good but each day is too often. Actually, the most work being done are deep technical tasks of configuring the infrastructure. There won’t be differences in features between CS-Cart & CS-Cart SaaS except SaaS will not allow to modify templates (at first).

So I recommend you to follow us on Twitter/Facebook and read blog.cs-cart.com - all the news will be there.

Thanks Imac but the blog's last mention was last year and Facebook has much the same non story.

This will be the biggest adventure in CS-Cart's history but could flop very badly if potential users

become disheartened by '…released by Christmas' followed by '…released soon' 4 months into the new year.

Why can't we use your free trial and start paying when SAAS is officially released ?

This is most likely not as easy as it sounds.

Re: Your help desk ticket suggestion. Wouldn't it be easier ( on support staff ) if

you put a sticky post in the forum dedicated to SAAS progress. Better hundreds

view a thread than staff having to answer 100 of similar questions.

While I am waiting…

it seems an SSL Certificate is the way to go.

I have one at our present CS-Cart site.

Is it easy to implement in our SAAS site ?

I assume so but just checking.

Any news on progress or a possible timescale for the launch of SAAS?

Don't hold your breath Kirklandbooks.

Replies from CS-Cart team ( on this subject ) seem to take a while.

Hopefully they are too busy to answer because the are working hard on the SAAS launch.

I haven't had any luck trying to run cs-cart v4 on a few hosts already. Configure this, configure that, your host is bad, your software is bad. It's a blame game I don't wanna play. Hopefully this SAAS option will be the answer. Hopefully there will be no more 10 second page loads that will be blamed on the hosting. And hopefully it will be able to handle big stores with lots of categories and filters.

@termalert, I hope they're working on responsive templates and all the other things that people have been asking for for far longer than SaaS.

@novitas, seems a bit strange. I've used CS Cart with three different hosting companies with no issues whatsoever. You really need a virtual private server or dedicated server. Few of the cheap shared hosting solutions work well with any eCommerce software above a handful of products.