CS Cart ordering security - is it fully secure?

Since upgrading to v 2.0.12, I’ve been getting rather a lot of emails like the one below from customers who’s browsers notify them that the site is not fully secure when they sign in/ order.

[QUOTE]Subject: alert on my pc

Message body: where the ‘lock’ icon is at the bottom of the page where I try to pay for my purchase, an alert states “parts of the page you are viewing were not encrypted before being transmitted over the internet”.

And “Warning: contains unauthenticated content”

So will try to pay again tomorrow. Thought you ought to know.

[/QUOTE]

Any idea why and what can be done to fix this? I have no doubt that for every customer who makes the effort to write in, we have many others who simply decide to shop elsewhere if they believe the site has security issues.

I’ve verified our SSL certificate is configured correctly.

Here are the settings I have enabled in Administration:

Enable secure connection in checkout (SSL certificate is required to be installed on your server) - Y

Enable secure connection in administrator area (SSL certificate is required to be installed on your server) - Y

Enable secure connection for authentication, profile and orders pages (SSL certificate is required to be installed on your server) - Y

I’m sure I’m not the first among you to experience this issue, but haven’t been able to find any solution to it, or replicate it myself as yet.

Here’s hoping…

[url]http://forum.cs-cart.com/showthread.php?t=15686[/url]

as simple as that eh…

Problem turned out to be simply caused by the content of an html block being pulled in from another site. Disabled it in checkout, fired up my least favourite browser, and IE’s scary warnings had vanished.

Thanks!