Cs-Cart & Multi-Vendor 4.2.3 Released

[quote name='clips' timestamp='1414631507' post='195665']

On this version I've noticed another spike in “links” that have changed. For example, it changed…

five-bonus-suited-card-game.html

…to this…

five-bonus-suited-rummy-style-card-game.html

…which just happens to be what the main name for the product is. The problem is every time CS changes these links it kills my links! I have created a 301 redirect for this but now I have to go through and fix the others.

[/quote]

This is so unfuriating!! Why can't CS-Cart developers fix this? Every time there's an upgrade it messes with our SEO names. Crazy!

I guess if we didn't change the “name” or title of the product it wouldn't happen, but quite honestly, it should not make any difference if we change this information. It should not touch the “SEO Name” or link to the product.

That right there is disastrous for SEO. Once a SEO name is set then it should always remain the same.

I am about to create 20.000 product pages which need to be exactly the same as on my old site. If CS-Cart changes that, then its not possible to keep using CS-Cart. It would destroy all our top rank Google positions and remove our SEO success.

[quote]

On this version I've noticed another spike in “links” that have changed. For example, it changed…

five-bonus-suited-card-game.html

…to this…

five-bonus-suited-rummy-style-card-game.html

…which just happens to be what the main name for the product is. The problem is every time CS changes these links it kills my links! I have created a 301 redirect for this but now I have to go through and fix the others.

[/quote]

Hello,

We investigated this issue. Custom seo names are saved during the upgrade process. We checked this functionality with different languages and for a store with two storefronts. It works correctly.

Please, provide us with more detailed information. Which objects are seo links changed for? Also, provide us with a screenshot of the seo add-on settings page or with the step-by-step instructions, please.

We have already been going through and fixing the errors. We only found a couple that we must have changed the titles for and something changed after the upgrade because the errors showed in Google the day of the upgrade. Once we created the redirect we marked it as “fixed” so it does not show on Google any more. I'm not for sure what further details or step-by-step instructions I can give. The errors showed up on Google, the links were broke, so I created a redirect and now it works.

I love the live editing feature and would also like to see: multi product pull from unified inventory! Why is this so hard to get it added?

Anyone that is selling multiple items with a common item should be able to use a single inventory for that product.

Example: I have an embroidery business and I track inventory on the hats I have in stock, and the styles and colors. So if I have a black solid color hat for sale with a HD Road Glide on it, then it pulls 1 black from the combo inventory, but what I can't do is have a black hat with a Honda Goldwing on it because it can't share the combo inventory for hat colors, in this case black.

I may be wrong but an update or add-on that would do have this unified inventory for multiple products could be very handy for anyone that does configuration with multiple add on options.

matt caswell

http://www.dryheatembroidery.com

http://store.dryheatembroidery.com

[url=“http://facebook.com/dryheatemb”]http://facebook.com/dryheatemb[/url]

How are you designating your logos? As options or as hat+logo (I.e. as separate product)? If the former, you only need to track hats. If the latter, then you're telling it they are separate products.

[quote name='tbirnseth' timestamp='1415568987' post='196481']

How are you designating your logos? As options or as hat+logo (I.e. as separate product)? If the former, you only need to track hats. If the latter, then you're telling it they are separate products.

[/quote]

Currently I have a “solid color hat” with color options and logo options and many more options. I do all my embroidery to order so it's all custom. Its confusing for the customer because I have Harleys, Goldwings, ST1300's, M109R, Trikes etc. and what I want to do is create a new product for each one so that if they want a HD hat etc, they just select the HD hat and then the color etc. This would require each product being able to pull from the same database for the solid color hats. I have other products that would use this feature as well.

I hope this makes sense what I'm currently doing with 1 solid color hat product and a boat load of configuration options and what I want to do with the product being specific for each hat logo.

thanks for your time. I realize I have hijacked this thread so maybe if you have a solution you can email me at: sales AT dryheatembroidery.com

matt

The upgrade killed the wood background on my theme. But maybe it was time to remove the wood and just be nice and clean for awhile.

I understand your logic. It just doesn't jive with the inventory logic in cs-cart. You have a logical inventory of logos, not physical. If the hats were pre-made you'd then have (and be able to track) a physical inventory of hat color and logo.

I don't think what you want to do can be done out of the box and my guess is that it would cost more to do the custom work than it's probably worth to you.

Trying the Paypal social login feature, where do I get the ID and Secret Key from?

Also trying to enable the “one click buy” option and it does not appear on the product pages.

We are using a theme from 4.0.3 (not the new responsive ones), could this be the problem?

[quote name='tbirnseth' timestamp='1415646126' post='196566']

I understand your logic. It just doesn't jive with the inventory logic in cs-cart. You have a logical inventory of logos, not physical. If the hats were pre-made you'd then have (and be able to track) a physical inventory of hat color and logo.

I don't think what you want to do can be done out of the box and my guess is that it would cost more to do the custom work than it's probably worth to you.

[/quote]

Thanks for your reply. I appreciate your time.

matt

[quote name='Qbasix' timestamp='1415685534' post='196584']

Also trying to enable the “one click buy” option and it does not appear on the product pages.

We are using a theme from 4.0.3 (not the new responsive ones), could this be the problem?

[/quote]

As far as we know, the “one click buy” feature is available for the responsive theme only. They promised to adapt it to the basic theme in the next release

After doing the upgrade from 4.2.2 to 4.2.3, it says everything is done well but when I open the shop, it shows nothing. White screen.

Any idea ?

[quote name='Pascal' timestamp='1415800542' post='196760']

After doing the upgrade from 4.2.2 to 4.2.3, it says everything is done well but when I open the shop, it shows nothing. White screen.

Any idea ?

[/quote]

Did you clear the cache?

[quote name='Pascal' timestamp='1415800542' post='196760']

Any idea ?

[/quote]

Rename the var/cache directory at first

[quote name='clips' timestamp='1415803044' post='196766']

Did you clear the cache?

[/quote]

Yes I cleared the cache but the problem seems to come from the Themes. There are no more themes after update. I cannot select any as it wrotes : “This theme doesn't have styles.”