CS-Cart Memberships

Hi,

I’m wondering how the memberships/customer groups are supposed to work in practice as it seems like the customer can determine which group to join?

But for instance in case of the wholesale group I don’t want people being able to register as wholesale customer and see wholesale prices or place orders before we have validated them.

The manual is unfortunately very generic and does not realy explain much.

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks

Steve

Hi Steve,

You can turn on or off the following setting in the Administration > Settings > Users/Cart section on the backend of CS-Cart: Allow customer to signup for membership .

I have mine turned off which defaults the field to view only on the registration screen for a customer and the value that appears in view only is “Not a member.”

If you want to have people request membership but not be approved until you activate them, then you can use this setting: Administrator must activate new user accounts in the same section of Administration > Settings mentioned above. Unfortunately, this setting applies to ALL accounts needing to be activated - it cannot be related to a Membership within CS-Cart.

Hope this helps. I have some different types of requirements for varied customers so if you need further help, let me know and I’ll try to assist.

Regards,

Stephanie

www.Products4Pets.com (currently in process of moving to CS-Cart 2.0.8)

[quote name=‘scase’]

If you want to have people request membership but not be approved until you activate them, then you can use this setting: Administrator must activate new user accounts in the same section of Administration > Settings mentioned above. Unfortunately, this setting applies to ALL accounts needing to be activated - it cannot be related to a Membership within CS-Cart.

Hope this helps. I have some different types of requirements for varied customers so if you need further help, let me know and I’ll try to assist.

[/QUOTE]

Stephanie,

Do you know if there is an add-on that could allow a third field, an authorization code, to be used with a customer registering to be a member. IE: I’d like to send a mailing to all existing wholesale customers and gave them an authorization code so they can create an account on my web site and start ordering right away.

Thanks!

Hi Ken,

I don’t know of one and haven’t seen one mentioned on the forums but that’s not to say it couldn’t be done. I’m no coder in PHP so you would have to see if someone else can offer assistance as far as code. You might need to add a new variable to the appropriate table with the “signup” data then add the new variable to the appropriate template. As I said, though, I have no idea how to add a variable to meet this need and exactly what code would need to be added.

Sorry I can’t be of more help! Maybe someone like Snorocket or Brandon will answer this one and help you out.

Stephanie,

Yeah, I figured that if there was no existing add-on I would have to get some custom code work done. Wondering if the cs-cart people would do this for a fee…

Anyway, you answered my main question, which was whether there was some sort of add-on already available.

Thanks!