Cs-cart inquiry basket

I’m seriously dumbfounded!

many completely primitive competitors to cs-cart offer a very sought after addon that many call “ad to inquiry basket” or something like this - but the wondrous CS-Cart doesn’t even have a payed addon for this? I’m seriously shocked.

My customer asked me “can we have an inquiry basket feature” to witch I replied “of course cs-cart is the best and they have thought about everything” I seriously cant believe that no one else has even posted a thread about this.

What I’m talking about is an adon that acts just like the standard add to cart feature. accept where customers can have a list of products they need, including the quantity of each item they would like to purchase; and send them off for a quote, The admin would then review the items, send the quote with buy button and the customer would then be able to checkout. It’s really common practice in many industries; and that is why I’m shocked at the fact I have not found anything worthwhile on the matter for 2 days.

Many people in need of this feature would simply abandon the cs-cart all together when they found it did not have the feature. Without even posting to the forums or sending cs-cart a message - it’s so used that the next cart around the corner offers this almost out of the box. Even TurnKeyWebTools - one of the worst carts out there has this feature.

Any help would be appreciated and of-course we would be willing to pay for the feature.

You would think more people wanted this - anyone willing to go in on having something custom made or something?

WOW, looks like your hung up on this one.

[quote name=‘krisdoce’ timestamp=‘1337940817’ post=‘137279’]

I’m seriously dumbfounded![/quote]

[quote]many completely primitive competitors to cs-cart [/quote]

[quote] I’m seriously shocked. [/quote]

[quote] I seriously cant believe that no one else has even posted a thread about this.[/quote]

[quote] and that is why I’m shocked at the fact[/quote]

[quote] simply abandon the cs-cart all together [/quote]

Try Admin>addons>wishlist, enable it.

[quote]would be willing to pay for the feature.[/quote]

That will be $10 please to madashell@paypal.not and if its isnt what you want…then please dont jump in front of a train 8) 8)

HI there;

thanks for the reply.

I have the wishlist thing installed, and like it; accept there is no way for me to know that my customers are wanting a quote those products. nor is there a way to send them a payable quote based on those items in their wish list.

here's an example:

my customer is interested in X,Y,Z products; he ads them to his inquiry basket.

he then clicks submit inquiry basket. The admin is able to review the items in the inquiry basket and submit the amount payable. customer see's the reply and checks out as usual for the items he had in his basket.

it's really common practice in many industries.

I really feel like jumping in front of a train now.

is it really that complex?

Cs is a retail cart. And you seem to be after features more common in a B2B cart.

I think your only recourse is to ask cs-cart to quote you for an addon, or choose another cart that has the feature you need.

That makes sense kogi - I didn't even think about b2b or b2c

Thanks a bunch for your input.

[quote name='krisdoce' timestamp='1338147642' post='137465']

is it really that complex?

[/quote]

NO…snorocket.com , quote/invoicing addon