CS-Cart Demo Site Hosting?

Hi all, I was just wondering if anyone knew what the CS-Cart Demo Store was hosted on in regards to spec of the server, I cannot believe how fast that store is and how fast quick search is. it takes a good few seconds for quick search to appear on my site when people start typing into search box.

Id love to have my cart on a similar specced server so to get the rough same speed.

I know it’s not likely but worth a try. :slight_smile:

Regards

Is your CS-Cart site hosted by Martfox.com? If yes, which package do you have?

hi Indy, yes its Martfox, Eta!

Regards

[quote name=‘AmitP’]hi Indy, yes its Martfox, Eta!

Regards[/quote]

Can you please PM me your server name?

[quote name=‘AmitP’]Hi all, I was just wondering if anyone knew what the CS-Cart Demo Store was hosted on in regards to spec of the server…[/quote]

I guess it is a dedicated server they are on.

Ok, I checked your site and it works pretty fast. The search query e.g for ‘cable’ has been done within 2-3 seconds, like as other pages as well. However my ISP connection is 54 Mbps.

But as I said before in your another thread, 256MB RAM would be probably to small for your store - depending of the number of products, categories, CS-Cart configuration and your traffic (don’t forget the bad crawling bots).

CS hosts their demo on their own dedicated server.

This is also my thinking! I really need more RAM and CPU with some 900 products! How on earth do people cope on servers when they have 10’s of 1000’s of products?

[quote name=‘AmitP’]This is also my thinking! I really need more RAM and CPU with some 900 products! How on earth do people cope on servers when they have 10’s of 1000’s of products?[/quote]

It doesn’t depend on the #of products but on the traffic (database queries, etc.). But as I said, on my side your site loads pretty fast.

CS uses a dedicated server from theplanet.com now joined with softlayer.com

I believe the original poster already assumed they were on a dedicated server and was looking for the specs, cpu, ram, OS, webserver, opcode cache etc…

This is correct

One big thing I would note is that the demo store is running on nginx web server not apache. Should have a big impact on speed, especially in higher traffic situations.