Cs Cart Cms Need Dedicated Server / Vps At Least , Is That True?

all this 4 days , everyday i try to upgrade to 4.3.8 but still failed . also i try to do a backup and still failed .

the upgrade part, however its stuck at "Copy files: var/langs" which is loading non-stop.

As for the back up process, it stuck at "Copy files: var/langs" as well.

is that true , if we want use cs cart as our CMS . we must have VPS or Dedicated Server at least.

CS-Cart Architects Team Recommends This

Use a virtual or dedicated private server instead of a shared hosting; this allows for smoother upgrades.

is that mandatory or just suggestion sir .

please anyone help us .

is there anyone here use Cs Cart for their business and use shared hosting linux and not have problem . or everyone here use VPS or Dedicated Server ?

i really hope Cs Cart team technical or support can read this thread and reply it .

Do you have a large store with lots of products or orders?

I believe what is trying to be stated is that a shared server can hobble the performance of your site because the resources are shared across other sites on the same server.

A VPS (virtual private server) helps with this in that you have all the server resources you've signed up for available to you. Your VPS may be just once instance on the hardware platform, but the architecture is designed to allow you to have full access to the resources where a shared server shares those resources among all the sites.

A cloud base server is similar to a VPS but it's not bound to any hardware. It could be on server 1 today and server 2 in an hour. It is essentially an "instance" of a server that is made available wherever the resources to support it are available.

To get to your main issue of your upgrade failing, I would strongly recommend that you:

1) Do a full backup of both the files on your site and your database.

2) Do the upgrade but do not backup files/database (checkbox in lower left of screen).

If you're still failing, post the contents of your upgrade.log file and/or the end of your error_log file.

Do you have a large store with lots of products or orders?

No sir, its not much.

I believe what is trying to be stated is that a shared server can hobble the performance of your site because the resources are shared across other sites on the same server.

A VPS (virtual private server) helps with this in that you have all the server resources you've signed up for available to you. Your VPS may be just once instance on the hardware platform, but the architecture is designed to allow you to have full access to the resources where a shared server shares those resources among all the sites.

A cloud base server is similar to a VPS but it's not bound to any hardware. It could be on server 1 today and server 2 in an hour. It is essentially an "instance" of a server that is made available wherever the resources to support it are available.

To get to your main issue of your upgrade failing, I would strongly recommend that you:
1) Do a full backup of both the files on your site and your database.
2) Do the upgrade but do not backup files/database (checkbox in lower left of screen).

If you're still failing, post the contents of your upgrade.log file and/or the end of your error_log file.

We try to backup, but also failed. Is that because of timeout sir ?

How if we start our business using shared hosting first and when my product getting much, I will upgrade to dedicated server. Is that ok sir ?

I would recommend to start with a VPS.

I doubt it is a timeout issue. What does your PHP error_log show? Anything relevant (like with 'upgrade' in the path of a fatal error)?

A dedicated server is probably overkill for the vast majority of small businesses.

I would recommend to start with a VPS.
I doubt it is a timeout issue. What does your PHP error_log show? Anything relevant (like with 'upgrade' in the path of a fatal error)?
A dedicated server is probably overkill for the vast majority of small businesses.

Yes, its about timeout .

Shared hosting not compatable with cs cart ya ?

Yes, its about timeout .

Shared hosting not compatable with cs cart ya ?

I'd say it varies from host to host and what kind of restrictions they put on each account. VPS is just more flexible with resources and settings.

I use shared hosting and do not have any problems. I do not have a high volume store. Not all shared hosting are the same. I had problems with one, switched to another and have not had any major issues.

I have had problems during an upgrade with the previous host. I told them what was going to happen before doing the upgrade. They temporarily changed their settings to allow me more resources until after the upgrade. Normally, the resources I need is much less than that needed during an upgrade.

Bob

team cs cart have reply to me and ask me to tell my hosting provider company to increase several parameter and others thing. i have forward to my hosting provider company and their senior engineer techinal support have try to do all the things that cs cart ask and this is their answer :

Hello syed fuad,
Greetings!
I am KC. I have check the issue again and seems the process is hang on copy files: var/langs. Which mean that if we increase it to unlimited also, the process will never end. For any process that use more then 3600 is consider not normal.
So I will suggest that ask the developer check again on the process "copy files: var/langs" and why it take so long. Even I have increase the limit to unlimited, it unable to finish as well. So looking on the process and find out the root cause instead of increase all the limit
And the same time, I have test the backup features where I perform the database backup only, and it was fine. Which mean that it do not involve any mysql setting that you have mentioned.
So the issue must be from the file end where the copy file process is unable to finish.
I am sorry that we are unable to analysis the process as the script is not written by us. For those process that more then 15 min is consider not healthy which need to look on it.
--
If you have any enquiries, please do not hesitate to contact us. Thank You!

Best Regards,

KC YEAP

Exabytes.MY - Technical Support

------------------------------------------------------------------

so what must i do now again ?

and this is their (hosting provider company) email me again :

Hello syed fuad,
Greetings!
As I mentioned, what I suspend is not the limitation that set. It was very unnormal where the script need run for 40 min even I have increase the limit.
Now what we see on our server is, the process copying is stuck there cause the process unable to finish on time. So it need the cs team to check on the script level , why the coping process on /var/lang take more then 40 min as it was only 20 mb.
Please escalate this message to them.
--
If you have any enquiries, please do not hesitate to contact us. Thank You!

Best Regards,

KC YEAP
Exabytes.MY - Technical Support