Cs-Cart And Multi-Vendor 4.11.1 Released

Were testing Ask a question addon on dev site and…

1. Not registered customers need to register prior sending a message to seller? That is not convenient at all, probably this could lead to some unsuccessful sales…

2. Even if you are registered, responds from admin has no notification within website, nor some bell or even in My account dropdown has no clue about new message something like (1) unread…

3. Same goes to admin, finding out about messages is staying within messaging center and hitting refresh, white responds time may be very crucial to a sale…

Small improvements you could make for the future

1. product page below title where brand appears and product page features, I wish features would be interlinked, meaning while reading list of features you would click a “hdmi” and this would open category with products that has same feature…

2. since I sell some of the products as weight based and quantity based, I sometimes have difficult time explaining pricing, so in admin product description page there could be a field after stock quantity that would be either a blank or selection of something like units / grams or similar.

3. admin product page own cost field, really its not such a complex request but I believe some could benefit of it.

4. admin bulk edit products, imaging you got store A and store B, 10 products belong to store A cat1 cat2 and cat3 and you want to add those fast to store B cat1, by doing so with bulk edit you would override categories from store a… meaning you cannot do a addition to a bulk addit list only override field.

5. Regarding bulk edit, it is very resource consuming to bulk edit features if you got many assigned to product, this should be somehow simplified and applying for example brand to 100 or 500 products should not be this complicated.

6. I really do not understand why from cs-cart 1x product description and features must be a separate tabs and they could not be joint by a checkbox, why would you want to make customers do extra clicks. I know you can display product page without tabs but I do not want eliminate tabs…

7. Why from 1x it is still impossible for customers to know products weight in product page and total cart weight without additional modification?

8. I hate very much how admin promotions are organised, if you got many active hidden and disabled this makes total mess, I wish there was a way to sort move them as you can payment methods in admin.php?dispatch=payments.manage
or even view only active / hiddem / disabled / ongoing / ended…

9. Some of the websites I use while in for example checkout, uppon entry of data to field add extra field as if it were with IF statement condition. For example
when it comes to sending products by DHL to Brazil it is mandatory to ask customers their CNPJ number that applies to only this particular country.
Or if you fill company name only then you get additional field revieled like tax number, company registration number

10. Can blocks have availability time? For example available from to date…

11. Ability to display, advertise particular promotion in block…

12. it is optional, but not complicated to make templates to display page view count, how many customers have this product in cart, print page button and similar for display via blocks…

13. Displaying similar items in block by feature

14. why not extend global update /admin.php?dispatch=products.global_update with quick add feature, tag to many products at once…

15. admin order details page. personally i think shipping method has higher priority then payment method. When I open order details page I need fast and clearly understand how all of it will be mailed without scrolling down and how much of it (quantity) sent. All this info should stand out.

16. regarding checkout for a return customer. If you open edit any admin order details page, you will see edit customers info button next to customer info / shipping address / billing address this is exactly how I imagined checkout would look for a return customer, clear knowlege of address he has prior saved and where order would be mailed. If he want then he clicks to edit his address. Same way checkout is done in ebay, edit address only if you need to.

Personally, when shopping, I've given up using a website's Ask-a-question tab as I rarely get a reply.
From a store owner perspective, we find that using the Disqus discussion service improved our SEO greatly. The enquiries are posted on the page automatically and we can post answers for all to see, which makes the page content more dynamic.

Will there be a *fix* for the weird shipping calculator in the lite checkout?
It is 100% useless for us and for new customers it is too complicated.
Existing customers that are logged in do not have that monstrosity.

The amount of support-mails we get because people don't understand it is way too high.

Just updated Cs.Cart to the latest version, the first thing i've noticed:

https://ibb.co/1qcBRJj

What is this? The dropdown system was a perfectly functioning system. No one needs mode "design" on the backend. There is not even a Store Overview to turn on/off stores.
I don't get these sorts of things.

Hi, About the

vendor_communication.ask_a_question

it does get the Global Links COlors. How to proceed differently,

On the Default dark Theme it's the Same colors of the Mega menus.... WOn't work.

Can you suggest any tips

Is the eBay addon working now?

Is it in the plan that each Stroefronts in Multi-Vendor Ultimate has its own administrator also?

I'm sorry guys...i have updated from version 4.10.4 sp2 to 4.11.1 but now i receive this error:

Unknown column 'cscart_bm_layouts.company_id' in 'where clause' (1054)

SELECT cscart_bm_layouts.* FROM cscart_bm_layouts WHERE 1 AND cscart_bm_layouts.company_id = 1 AND is_default = 1 AND theme_name = ''

How can i resolve?

The field "company_id" is missing from table "cscart_bm_layouts". You need to add it but I do not have the latest version installed to give you the correct query to add it.

Edit: Well I do have 4.11.1.SP1 installed on my dev site but there is no company_id field.

Well if you buy B2B cs-cart versios for 5 grand I bet you'll most definitely probably get it :)

The field "company_id" is missing from table "cscart_bm_layouts". You need to add it but I do not have the latest version installed to give you the correct query to add it.

Edit: Well I do have 4.11.1.SP1 installed on my dev site but there is no company_id field.

May be 3rd party addon checks this field and should be updated?

have you found solution to this error? I disable all third party addons and I still get the error.

Unknown column 'cscart_bm_layouts.company_id' in 'where clause' (1054)

SELECT cscart_bm_layouts.* FROM cscart_bm_layouts WHERE 1 AND cscart_bm_layouts.company_id = 1 AND is_default = 1 AND theme_name = ''

the actual error is:

Tech details: Couldn't complete migration 20190814095620_core_ult_link_payments_and_shippings.php. Reason: Unknown column 'payments.company_id' in 'on clause'.

maybe the database that need to be altered have some customizations right?

Please log in the phpmyadmin and check the cscart_payments table. It should contain the company_id column

`company_id` int(11) unsigned NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',