CS-Cart 4 Beta is Released

[quote name='miracles' timestamp='1366823528' post='160604']

Thanks… So how can i upgrade to ultimate edition. Yes i am currently running single store.

[/quote]

My understanding is that if you upgrade to Ultimate V3 (from Professional) now, it will cost you $305, but if you wait until the final release of V4, if you have a current V3 Professional, it will be a free upgrade. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I just wish all of you beta testers would quit thinking so hard about everything & just get to work for us! :grin:

I really don’t want my business to fail just because you guys weren’t doing your jobs! :idea:

nice work guys!! :mrgreen:

[quote name='kingsleypress' timestamp='1366825433' post='160607'] My understanding is that if you upgrade to Ultimate V3 (from Professional) now, it will cost you $305, but if you wait until the final release of V4, if you have a current V3 Professional, it will be a free upgrade. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. [/quote]

My understanding is if you upgrade now ($305) from Pro to Ultimate you get two storefronts included with the ability to add more storefronts with an additional license.

When 4.0 is released, Ultimate with one storefront license is the old Pro. You get this for free if you are still under maintenance. Additional storefronts are extra.

[quote name='Triplets' timestamp='1366830609' post='160614']

My understanding is if you upgrade now ($305) from Pro to Ultimate you get two storefronts included with the ability to add more storefronts with an additional license.

When 4.0 is released, Ultimate with one storefront license is the old Pro. You get this for free if you are still under maintenance. Additional storefronts are extra.

[/quote]

OK that makes sense. Thanks for the clarification.

Hello,

can not install beta version 4. Errormessage : “MySQL database name can contain only Latin Characters, numbers and underscores”

My Hostingcompany is Hosteurope in Germany (dedicated Server)

all SQL Databases you create have something like dbuser-databasename also the user.

So please allow also “-” in database- and username.

Thanks.

http://forum.cs-cart.com/tracker/project-8-cs-cart-401-beta/

Is there an online demo? Not going to download and install everything just to try it out

[quote name='parodius420' timestamp='1366870498' post='160629']

Is there an online demo? Not going to download and install everything just to try it out

[/quote]

You can find the demo at [url=“http://labs.cs-cart.com/multivendor/”]http://labs.cs-cart.com/multivendor/[/url] & [url=“http://labs.cs-cart.com/multivendor/”]http://labs.cs-cart.com/ultimate/[/url]. Use your forum credentials to access the demo.

[quote name='wernerkuhn' timestamp='1366841717' post='160622']

Hello,

can not install beta version 4. Errormessage : “MySQL database name can contain only Latin Characters, numbers and underscores”

My Hostingcompany is Hosteurope in Germany (dedicated Server)

all SQL Databases you create have something like dbuser-databasename also the user.

So please allow also “-” in database- and username.

Thanks.

[/quote]

Hello

You create database with UTF-8 coding ?

Best Regards

Robert Diak

Smooth and light, great job

Now remain just to all get familiar with the new structure, API and rest of futures and start to develop great addons :D

[quote name='kingsleypress' timestamp='1366803436' post='160573']

Do you plan a beta version of Professional?

[/quote]

No, according to the new edition policy (announced in September, 2012,) only Ultimate and Multi-Vendor editions are available.

Just a quick question… will this beta instal/operate etc. in an .htaccess protected top level directory using AuthType Basic?

i.e. /home/user/public_html/[protected by .htaccess]

Keen to try it but will need it 'hidden' / protected…

[quote name='kmolchanov' timestamp='1366877799' post='160635']

No, according to the new edition policy (announced in September, 2012,) only Ultimate and Multi-Vendor editions are available.

[/quote]

hi kmolchanov

Multivendor property with ultimate?? i want to use multivendor but i use property with ultimate. Thanks

How can I restore my translated language from CS CART 3.0.1 to CS CART 4.0.1? this is possible?

[quote name='MrBero' timestamp='1366896832' post='160653']

How can I restore my translated language from CS CART 3.0.1 to CS CART 4.0.1? this is possible?

[/quote]

You should better contact out tech support at My account -

[quote name='Wilko' timestamp='1366882264' post='160641']

Just a quick question… will this beta instal/operate etc. in an .htaccess protected top level directory using AuthType Basic?

i.e. /home/user/public_html/[protected by .htaccess]

Keen to try it but will need it 'hidden' / protected…

[/quote]

Yeah it should work fine mate, you will just need to amend the root .htaccess file with your auth details.

[quote name='MrBero' timestamp='1366896832' post='160653']

[/quote]

Oh wow. It would be a disaster if translations are lost. We spent a lot of time fixing CS Cart 3 translations, because the default translations miss more than 50% of the phrases. Thats many thousands of phrases.

C4 has an out of the box Google Page Speed score of 21/100 and a YSlow score of C. Improving these out of the box scores should be an absolute top priority !

[quote name='snorocket' timestamp='1366906426' post='160661']

C4 has an out of the box Google Page Speed score of 21/100 and a YSlow score of C. Improving these out of the box scores should be an absolute top priority !

[/quote]

I just checked my site on c4.01 and it hase very nice score