Cs-Cart 4.3.6 And Php Version For Upgrade

Originally (a few weeks ago) when I tried to upgrade a few of my sites to Cs-cart 4.3.6 it gave me an error saying

PHP version (5.3.3) is not supported. Minimal: 5.3.6. Maximal: 7.x.

Today I tried again on two customer sites and both upgraded to Cs-cart 4.3.6 with no problems. Neither one is using PHP 5.3.6. Has the upgrade package changed so that it will install on older PHP versions? Curious why it worked today and not a few weeks ago.

Also, both of these customers hosts say they can't upgrade to PHP 7. One says the Cpanel doesn't support PHP7 and the other says the Plesk panel doesn't support PHP7. Disappointed, but not surprised. I posted in this forum months ago when I heard cs-cart was upgrading PHP versions, that PHP7 is not yet widely supported. And now I am seeing it. I maintain lots of clients using cs-cart (all on different hosts), and none are supporting PHP 7 yet. I hope for the foreseeable future cs-cart upgrades will be downward compatible with older PHP versions.

David

Originally (a few weeks ago) when I tried to upgrade a few of my sites to Cs-cart 4.3.6 it gave me an error saying

PHP version (5.3.3) is not supported. Minimal: 5.3.6. Maximal: 7.x.

Today I tried again on two customer sites and both upgraded to Cs-cart 4.3.6 with no problems. Neither one is using PHP 5.3.6. Has the upgrade package changed so that it will install on older PHP versions? Curious why it worked today and not a few weeks ago.

Also, both of these customers hosts say they can't upgrade to PHP 7. One says the Cpanel doesn't support PHP7 and the other says the Plesk panel doesn't support PHP7. Disappointed, but not surprised. I posted in this forum months ago when I heard cs-cart was upgrading PHP versions, that PHP7 is not yet widely supported. And now I am seeing it. I maintain lots of clients using cs-cart (all on different hosts), and none are supporting PHP 7 yet. I hope for the foreseeable future cs-cart upgrades will be downward compatible with older PHP versions.

David

Minimal PHP version supported by CS-Cart 4.3.6 is 5.3.6. You can check the system requirements here: https://www.cs-cart.com/requirements.html.

Please note that using PHP 7 is optional and you are free to use PHP 5.4-5.6 with CS-Cart 4.3.6.