CS-Cart 4.2.1 Release Candidate

Essential is also g+ social link

When will you make Amazon UK payments active?

[quote name='hinger' timestamp='1404377468' post='186892']

When will you make Amazon UK payments active?

[/quote]

Hi hinger,

Amazon UK is supported in CS-Cart since v4.0.3.

Please note that Amazon requires UK account (Online Payment Gateway Service | Amazon Pay) in order to accept payments in GBP.

[quote name=‘demeldoo’ timestamp=‘1404327626’ post=‘186848’]

please include google+ ;)

[/quote]

[quote name=‘ghostrider’ timestamp=‘1404366921’ post=‘186880’]

Yes, please include google+ and pinterests buttons

[/quote]

[quote name=‘demeldoo’ timestamp=‘1404368681’ post=‘186882’]

Essential is also g+ social link

[/quote]

Guys, are you talking about the Social buttons add-on? I.e. you want a share button for Google +?

Will the version include the ability to upgrade without making changes to custom skins?

If not I can't think of anything more important…

[quote name='Username' timestamp='1404326771' post='186846']

Spanish is not included either. why?

[/quote]

It will be there, I will update the RC package next monday.

At the moment you contribute a translation for Spanish at: Translating CS-Cart latest to Spanish language - Crowdin

[quote name=‘imac’ timestamp=‘1404390770’ post=‘186908’]

It will be there, I will update the RC package next monday.

At the moment you contribute a translation for Spanish at: [url=“Translating CS-Cart latest to Spanish language - Crowdin”]https://crowdin.net/...rt-latest/es-ES[/url]

[/quote]

I will help with the translations.

thanks imac 8)

[quote name='Traveler' timestamp='1404390258' post='186907']

Will the version include the ability to upgrade without making changes to custom skins?

If not I can't think of anything more important…

[/quote]

Traveler, in v4.2.1 the upgrade process will be the same as in earlier versions. So you will be able to upgrade from existing v4.1.5 installation to a v4.2.1 with a regular upgrade.

[quote name='imac' timestamp='1404391082' post='186910']

Traveler, in v4.2.1 the upgrade process will be the same as in earlier versions. So you will be able to upgrade from existing v4.1.5 installation to a v4.2.1 with a regular upgrade.

[/quote]

Spasibo for your post but you are not answering my question.

1. If you read my post carefully you would see that I am at 2.24 so your comment about 4.1.5 is not helpful.

2. I am asking a very specific question which you are not clearly answering.

For example will skin changes no longer involve core changes? So when you don't make any changes to the store functionality (only design) you will have no problems with upgrading going forward.

I ask because I have no interest in upgrading until this is so. I can't afford time and money to upgrade when my skin will need to be fixed. Note I am not talking about modifications to functionality - as I understand that can be a complex issue.

I look forward to your answer.

Hi ;) i mean a link to Google+ (google class with logo) page in the get social part. It would be a great improvent with the rel=publisher tag to associating site with google

[quote name='imac' timestamp='1404319642' post='186839']

Only products have microdata tags, as customers usually look for a products.

[/quote]

Dear imac,

Thank you for the link to the demo and your reply. It is exciting that CS-Cart is adding microdata in 4.2.

I'm not sure I completely understand your reply. Could you please elaborate?

Because microdata tags are for search engines to better show our websites and also to show more details to potential customers in search results. Its more for search engines to understand the content of pages so our websites can have better visibility and ranking. The reasons for microdata tags are:[list=1]

[]visibility of specific details in search results (breadcrumb, rating, number of reviews, product-name, price, special offers, image, video, description, features, options, in stock, shipping time, brand, etc.). Example: http://cdn2.hubspot…t=1404245965577

[
]better ranking in search engines like Google.

[]location listed in google, nearby stores listed in google results and placements in Google maps (for business location) Example: [url=“http://www.360i.com/img/pov-schema-markup-initiative-what-are-the-benefits-of-using-schema-org”]http://www.360i.com/...sing-schema-org[/url]

[
]Appearing and ranking in Google shopping, pricegrabbers and other shopping search engines. Example ,

[]placement in Google's sidebar results.Example: http://aha.elliance.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/micro-data.jpg

[
]placement in various product review websites

[/list]

So microdata tags have a lot of benefits if its implemented fully. It can increase the sales of CS-Cart websites.

Where can I find examples of implemented microdata? In the HTML of the demo I dont see any implementation of property, itemprop or typeof.

What microdata format is CS-Cart using?

Could you please explain more about how and where CS-Cart is using microdata?

Which things have rich snippets? Only product? or also things like breadcrumb, rating, number of reviews, price, special offers, image, video, description, features, options, in stock, shipping time, brand, store location, etc.

This information would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Imac, how about If thumbnails of the products use the function “hover” without clicks.

Would be great!

[quote name='Traveler' timestamp='1404392978' post='186912']

Spasibo for your post but you are not answering my question.

1. If you read my post carefully you would see that I am at 2.24 so your comment about 4.1.5 is not helpful.

2. I am asking a very specific question which you are not clearly answering.

For example will skin changes no longer involve core changes? So when you don't make any changes to the store functionality (only design) you will have no problems with upgrading going forward.

I ask because I have no interest in upgrading until this is so. I can't afford time and money to upgrade when my skin will need to be fixed. Note I am not talking about modifications to functionality - as I understand that can be a complex issue.

I look forward to your answer.

[/quote]

OK, it is clear now.

Version 4.2.1 has the same upgrade routine as the previous versions do.

We discussed the problem you are talking about very carefully but decided not to change the upgrade process in versions 4.2.x. The point is that these changes will affect other features or processes, for example, there is no need in var/themes/repository anymore. So in order to do it right (including backward compatibility of the add-ons), we decided to postpone it till v4.3.x

So to make long story short, we are planning to change the upgrade behavior in the next major release. After these changes are made, modified templates should not be overwritten during the upgrade process. In fact, all your changes will be stored in a separate folder which will not be affected by the upgrade script.

[quote name=‘Username’ timestamp=‘1404393943’ post=‘186916’]

Imac, how about If thumbnails of the products use the function “hover” without clicks.

Would be great!

[/quote]

Username, that may be a nice thing but not for a responsive skin. Besides I think that click on a thumbnail is more user-friendly behavior.

I have some interesting ideas on the design and interface that might Like you for the new version of cs-cart. There is a specific thread for this? or I can post it here?

[quote name='imac' timestamp='1404388842' post='186905']

Hi hinger,

Amazon UK is supported in CS-Cart since v4.0.3.

Please note that Amazon requires UK account ([url=“Online Payment Gateway Service | Amazon Pay”]https://payments.amazon.co.uk/home[/url]) in order to accept payments in GBP.

[/quote]

We are using 4.1.5 which is very good and we are all setup and ready to use Amazon UK however in our admin backend it states,

"Note: Amazon Checkout integration is currently available for US-based merchants only."

[quote name=‘Username’ timestamp=‘1404393943’ post=‘186916’]

Would be great!

[/quote]

Dear Username,

You can use our free “Change image gallery hover” add-on.

Thank you.

[quote name=‘imac’ timestamp=‘1404394313’ post=‘186918’]

Username, that may be a nice thing but not for a responsive skin. Besides I think that click on a thumbnail is more user-friendly behavior.

[/quote]

Hi Imac. you can see my demo of 4.2.1 running the addon of WSA-Team, and works absolutely perfect in mobile devices and using the “hover” function in desktop: —> [url=“Переслать по WhatsApp”]http://goo.gl/qyuOn9[/url]

[quote name=‘Damir (WSA-team)’ timestamp=‘1404412143’ post=‘186929’]

Dear Username,

You can use our free “Change image gallery hover” add-on.

Thank you.

[/quote]

great addon! thank you so much! :mrgreen: [color=#ffd700]★★★★★[/color]

another old suggestion:

something like this:

instead the typical white page.

Excellent news, looking forward to the release