CS-Cart 3.0.1 Professional Edition vs Ultimate Edition questions

[size=4][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]I was reading this page:[/font][/size]

http://blog.cs-cart…-3-upgrade-faq/

[size=4][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]I am confused. In the file area on the cs-cart website after I log in I can find an upgrade file called “[color=#555555]CS-Cart 3.0.1 Professional Edition” that I can download and install on my server. Is this different from the CS-Cart 3.0.1 Ultimate edition?

Do I have to purchase an upgrade license to install [/color][/font][/size][color=#555555][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]CS-Cart 3.0.1 Professional Edition if I already have CS-Cart 2.2.5 installed and running on my server?[/font][/color]

[color=#333333][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]in the FAQ above it says “we will provide a special add-on for CS-Cart 2.2.4 that will allow you to pack the whole store database and images into a special archive” Where do I find this special add-on?[/font][/color]

[color=#333333][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]In the next paragraph of the FAQ it says, “[/font][/color][color=#333333][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]CS-Cart 3 will have a pre-installed Export/Import Stores add-on that will be used for importing store data from such archives.” Is this the 'special add-on for CS-cart 2.2.4' that I need to pack up my old store? [/font][/color]

[color=#333333][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]My store at orchidexchange.com/cart has a skin I made myself. I am going to loose this skin and have to rebuild it, right? But that's really the only modification I use…[/font][/color]

[color=#333333][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Will future updates to the professional version after 3.0.1 allow us to use the [/font][/color][color=#333333][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Upgrade center in the admin panel like I am used to doing?[/font][/color]

Pro and Ultimate are 2 separate editions. You have to pay extra money to get to Ultimate. If you only run 1 store, then Pro is what you want.

CS-Cart provides 1 year of free upgrades, so I guess it depends on when you purchased the cart. I think it is like $90 or something like that to get another year of updates.

The script hasn't been released yet, so you aren't missing anything there.

The export/import stores thing is probably for the Ultimate edition, but I'm not sure.

Yes, you will loose any custom skin designs and addons when you upgrade. This is a major release, so it will probably require you to rebuild your skin. Luckily the new version makes this super easy though.

I can't tell you for certain on the last question, but my guess is yes. This is a major change between the 2.x and 3.x, so that probably why it is being done this way. The same thing happened between 1.x and 2.x. I'd imagine that after this major upgrade, the upgrade process will be back to normal until 4.x comes out, but this is just my guess.

I hope that helps,

Brandon

Yes, that did help. Thank you.

In their current forms, Pro is actually far more flexible than Ultimate with regard to shipping configuration due to the Suppliers Functionality that was removed from Ultimate. CS-Cart dev team says they are planning to add Suppliers Functionality back into the Ultimate Edition product, but I have not heard any time estimate on it. Essentially, without Supplier Functionality you are unable to apply product specific shipping rules to an individual product. For instance, if something must ship in it's own box, only by a specific method (freight, overnight, etc.) or if it is coming out of a different warehouse, fullfillment service or drop shipping partner, there is currently no way to handle these situations in Ultimate.

If you don't need multiple store fronts, Pro is definitely the better choice currently.