cs-cart 3.0.1 add search box to top menu and remove products categories and sub categories from top menu

[color=#ff0000]CS-Cart VERSION 3.0.1[/color]

Hello I need help with customisation of my webstore this what I want to do I would like to put the search box on the top menu and also I would like to remove products categories and their sub categories from appearing on the top menu also if it is possible to put the my account on the top menu as well

also I would like to center my store logo I don't know if this is possible on cs-cart 3.0.1 since this version doesn't include the top.tpl and the top_menu.tpl files so I don't know how I can accomplish this on this version

I found a post on how to accomplish this but on earliers versions but not on this version

Any help will be highly appreciated

THANKS IN ADVANCE

collectiblewiz.png

Hello franklin1987 and welcome to CS-Cart forums!

We can do these changes for you. If you are intersted contact us to get a quote.

Best regards, Alt-team

Go to design => menus => create your menu

Then go into you to blocks, make the menu like 12 wide and the search 4 wide. Put then next to each other. Then change your styles to make them blend together.

Then just move your other blocks around or create new grids to make everything fit correctly.

I hope that helps,

Brandon

Thanks Brandon You are a lifesaver it worked perfectly.

Just one question how do I blend them together in the styles sheet

Thanks In advance

some how I still haven't been able to blend the styles for the top menu with the search box as you can see in the attached picture please help [size=6]Brando[/size] or any one else that can help me to blend the top menu with the search box so it'll look like the search box is inside the top menu.

collectiblewiz.png

Here are the styles that I used to do this. I did this with the My Changes addon, but you could also put the styles on the bottom of your styles.css sheet.

.wrap-dropdown-multicolumns {
z-index: 200;
}
ul.dropdown-multicolumns {
background: url("images/top_nav_bg.png") repeat-x scroll 0 0 #353535;
min-height: 34px;
min-width: 962px;
}
.search-block {
height: 30px;
padding-right: 5px;
padding-top: 3px;
position: relative;
text-align: right;
z-index: 1000;
}

You might have to play around with these to fit your particular needs, but it should be enough to get you started.

Also, this is with a 12 grid wide menu and a 4 grid wide search.

I hope that helps,

Brandon

it worked on my 960 style thank you so much you are truly a lifesaver

I highly appreciate all your help have a wonderful day

Franklin

Thanks for your post, I found out that the top menu was to small and to width use the following css to fit correctly grid menu, grid search size doesn't matter. (I used 5 and 11)

VERSION 3.0.x

.wrap-dropdown-multicolumns {
z-index: 200;
}
ul.dropdown-multicolumns {
min-width: 920px;
}
.search-block {
height: 30px;
padding-right: 5px;
padding-top: 3px;
position: relative;
text-align: right;
z-index: 1000;
}

create styles.css in /httpdocs/skins/basic/customer/addons/my_changes

included the above code and refresh your cache admin.php?cc

hello from Russia!! I did as Brandonvd, and see attach files… search in the foreground! whats problem? thanks.

1.JPG

Попробуй для начало отключить аддон мои изменения, и внеси [color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]на нижней части листа в styles.css. [/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]можешь в самом внизу этот код. что наверху давали. [/font][/color]