Cs-Cart 2.2.5 To 4.2.2 Upgrade Issues

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][size=4]I managed to upgrade (somewhat) from 2.2.5 to 4.2.2 with assistance from people in a previous thread I created about purchasing and billing. They suggested that I create a new thread here since the issue is now unrelated to purchasing/billing.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][size=4]CS-Cart 4.2.2 seems to work when I leave it in the subfolder that I installed a base install of 4.2.2 to called storefront. If I take it out of the subfolder storefront and place it in the root where I need it to be, certain portions of the site will work while others will not.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][size=4]For example, if I try to access admin.php, I get a redirect loop error and then about 5 seconds later, I get a 500 error message. I believe I have followed all of the instructions like editing the config.local.php file and things get better/worse when changing and/or removing the .htaccess file. But if I cannot access the admin.php file, the software is useless and I will need a refund.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][size=4]Other things I should mention are the following warnings/error messages that appeared while upgrading:[/size][/font][/color]

-------------------------------------------------

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][size=4]The URL rewrite engine is disabled. Subpath-based storefront URLs will not work[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][size=4]WarningSome images may be shrinked to improve loading time on non-HiDPI devices. You may want to re-upload the images with better resolution.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][size=4]WarningWatermark creating is disabled. If there are any “Rewrite watermarks rules” instructions in the “images/.htaccess” file, you should remove them manually. Otherwise category and product images will be unavailable.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][size=4]WarningThe Searchanise add-on was automatically disabled during upgrade to avoid false search results. Activate it at any time on the Add-ons page[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][size=4]WarningAdd-on “News & e-mails” is incompatible with the following add-ons: E-mail marketing. These add-ons will be automatically disabled. [/size][/font][/color]

[size=4]-------------------------------------------------[/size]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][size=4]What can I do to fix this installation of CS-Cart? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.[/size][/font][/color]

Probably need to edit the store url in the companies table.?

The other error/warnings only mean that those addons are not installed.

[quote name='The Tool' timestamp='1412722178' post='193561']

Probably need to edit the store url in the companies table.?

The other error/warnings only mean that those addons are not installed.

[/quote]

I took a look a the companies table in phpMyAdmin. The values of the storefront and secure_storefront columns are set to www.thenameofmydomain.com (they used to have the /storefront appended to them before I changed this in through admin.php when it was sitting in that subfolder and still worked) but what I saw is that there are two other columns called entry_page which has a value of none and redirect_customer which has a value of Y. I wonder if these changing these other column values can do anything to fix it. Any other advice?

With this thread and your previous thread, I think we have covered all the common problems. Server investigation would be next.

[quote name='The Tool' timestamp='1412775238' post='193643']

With this thread and your previous thread, I think we have covered all the common problems. Server investigation would be next.

[/quote]

I have tried speaking with my web host support (Hostgator) and they say that they do not offer assistance with CS-Cart. CS-Cart 2.x worked fine for many years on there and only recently I noticed that the site was showing PHP errors on the site. When I upgraded to 4.5.5, these error messages are now gone but I cannot access the admin panel without getting a redirect loop. Is there a way to put everything back into a subfolder but when a customer accesses my website root, they get redirected to the storefront subdirectory but my SEO is preserved from the inception of the site back in 2011?

Sorry for misleading…I didn't mean that there was an issue with the server itself but instead, checking files on the server.

You either need to submit a ticket to CS-Cart Helpdesk or hire one of the developers who frequent this forum such as eComLabs, Tony Birnseth, CS-CartRocks, etc. You'll need to give them temporary access to your server so they can investigate.

[quote name='kingsleypress' timestamp='1412816941' post='193694']

You either need to submit a ticket to CS-Cart Helpdesk or hire one of the developers who frequent this forum such as eComLabs, Tony Birnseth, CS-CartRocks, etc. You'll need to give them temporary access to your server so they can investigate.

[/quote]

I have submitted a ticket and they have given me the same exact advice that you provided me which again I thank you for. I will wait a bit longer and try a few other things, but I think I may have to switch to a different shopping cart platform. I'm losing too much money and time messing around with the upgrade at this point. The upgrade should be easy like with WordPress.

I'm surprised they didn't investigate the issue on your server.

[quote name='kingsleypress' timestamp='1412852507' post='193755']

I'm surprised they didn't investigate the issue on your server.

[/quote]

I might just ask my web host to restore things back to before the upgrade. Then I will try the upgrade again and leave it in a folder. The only thing I am unsure of is how to do a redirect from the root to the /storefront directory that will allow for optimal SEO.

I am not sure Avarice if you resolved your issue. I too have the same problem. I think it is the physical issue of moving all the files from the sub folder to root. I had my 2.2.5 in Root, and my new 4.2.4 instal in sub folder on the same domain directory. Everything was eventually upgraded to 4.2.4 and I got the basic skin to work and all my 3K products were working ok.

BUT when I wanted to move the 4.2.4 site back to Root it went wrong. Moving enmass the folders and files FTP looked like it messed it up, some folders were sat in Root when they should have been inside Var in Root. To make matters even more odd, the first letter of the folder name was missing. Thus my nicely updated 4.2.4 was now broken big time.

I am now installing 4.2.4 in the Root again from scratch, and hoping it can import the 2.2.5 site from a sub folder. Then when I have done all my template tweaks, I will simply rename the Root folder to the correct domain name (on the same server).

I am convinced moving the site on the server as opposed to download then upload again does not work.

All this is a nightmare for me. I am doing the 'simple' store upgrade for a client, and it is taking 10 times as long as my budget. NOT HAPPY… The trouble for me with CS-Cart is the updates are so different everything breaks. OK lets keep a store in Basic skin and it looks bad right? So you have to use a decent template. But most templates are not updated so much. This site jumps from 2.1.1 to 4.2.4 so a disaster. It's almost start again really.

BTW I put all the 2.2.5 site inside a new sub folder before I moved the 4.2.4, so files were not overwritten. And all my permissions on the folders were 777 so no idea what went wrong.

Now I have hit a BIG issue. I decided the best way to do this with a live site, it build the shop at spare domain on my same server space. I can change folder names in Root so a domain can point to any folder I want very quickly.

However, doing this with 4.2.4 does not work. I deleted cash, reset configlocal and I can get into Admin but can't change anything. Also I can't get the home page up. There must be some more files buried in the CS code that are trying to find the original domain.

I am not happy, this has taken me 60 hours so far and I am still not at new template stage.

I can't do this live to the real domain as the shop can't be taken down for a week+. And the live site is 2.2.5 so I can't do an in-site upgrade either.

Any IDEAS anyone???

[quote name='glassshop' timestamp='1426184102' post='207805']

Any IDEAS anyone???

[/quote]

If you can provide us with the temporary FTP access to your server, we can check the issue ASAP