CS-Cart 2.2.4 possible bug in Product Code?

Using DEMO.CS-CART I have been able to duplicate the same problem I am having on my site.

I edited Adidas Camp Tee (B00024848Y) and set to track inventory with options and options type is Simultaneous. I built option combinations. Then I added a product code to each combination.

I then went to the customer front end to add the product to my cart. Next I went to view cart

and the product code shown on the view cart page was option combination product code.

Next I changed the options type Sequential (because I need the Please select… to show up first).

Then when adding the product to my cart its showing the Product code of the base product (B00024848Y) not the product code of the option combination.

Does anyone know if this is a bug? I would think so because no matter what my option type i still would

want the Option Combination Code to show up on the view cart page and on any orders. Plus the code

does change on the products page no matter what the options type selected was.

From your description, it sounds like a defect in how combinations are managed as they relate to simultaneous or sequential options…

[quote name='tbirnseth' timestamp='1322523186' post='126883']

From your description, it sounds like a defect in how combinations are managed as they relate to simultaneous or sequential options…

[/quote]

In other words it would be reasonable to consider this a bug unless they mean't it to work this way.

This can get into an issue of how someone thinks it should work… I believe that changing the option type should not impact how an option combination behaves. I.e. the actual combination of options is what determines the resulting combination SKU and not “how” those options were determined or what order they were determined in… But that's an opinion.

I'd submit it as a bug. Worst case they will respond with “working as designed”.

[quote name='tbirnseth' timestamp='1322526009' post='126895']

This can get into an issue of how someone thinks it should work… I believe that changing the option type should not impact how an option combination behaves. I.e. the actual combination of options is what determines the resulting combination SKU and not “how” those options were determined or what order they were determined in… But that's an opinion.

I'd submit it as a bug. Worst case they will respond with “working as designed”.

[/quote]

I did through support at cs-cart.com is there another way i should be doing this?

Any idea how I could make an option default to “Please select…” when the option type is Simultaneous?

Use the bug tracker link at the top of the page for submitting bugs.

You'd have to adjust the template that provides the selector for the options and add your condition to that.

[quote name='tbirnseth' timestamp='1322608676' post='126966']

Use the bug tracker link at the top of the page for submitting bugs.

You'd have to adjust the template that provides the selector for the options and add your condition to that.

[/quote]

Update. They said its a bug and sent me some fn.catalog code changes. Haven't implemented yet

but ill post an update when i have.