CS-Cart 1.3.5 vs CS-Cart 2.0

Hi there,

One of my client want to build a online shop and I am in confusion about which version should I go for. If I go for CS-Cart 1.3.5 version now, Can I upgrade to CS-Cart 2.0 stable version later?

What are the differences between these two versions? Can somebody show me any link or thread having more explanation? Your advice is more valuable to me.

Many thanks,

I belive you will start from the scratch creating the products and therefore take considerible time before going online. I would personally go for cs cart 2.0.

Features (attributes) , filters, required products, and tags are some extra added for cs-cart 2.0. I think the software structure has also changed considerable for easier

update and mod add on etc.

Go for demos available for both versions ! .

Many new interesting mod are available soon by our developers for the new version of cs-cart 2.0, so i recommend you to wait for the 2.0 version.

Thanks guys!

Currently cs cart 2.0 is a free version, when can we expect the stable version? Is it going to cost the same $265?

Thanks,

[quote name=‘orotnas’]Thanks guys!

Currently cs cart 2.0 is a free version, when can we expect the stable version? Is it going to cost the same $265?

Thanks,

Jag*[/QUOTE]

I would hope it would cost a lot less. Because now we have to purchase or develop mods to do features that should of been included in 2.0 development.

Must be priced at a very high level. People are just get used to something good and free, right? However, cs-cart is not good, it’s the best!!!

Can we actually USE version 2.0 beta now??? And then when the stable version is released, buy the new license and easily upgrade? I need to purchase a shopping cart now, but if there are major drastic feature changes, why bother with version 1.3.5… When is the stable version 2.0 being released??? Can’t wait forever. :slight_smile: