CS 2.0.13 Wishlist

I would like to see:

While 2.12 is much more stable then the 1.0 series it still has it’s short comings. But, I think the product and features have improved 10 fold. It’s headed inthe right direction. Sadly, I think you have to start with a fresh 2x install to have a stable product. Anything it brings over from 1x will always be buggy. An, the complaints will continue.

My list:

SEO

Bring back Manufacturer

Bug Fixes (if on 1x series, maybe early 2x)

Mini sites from main site

Ebay like auction

Better native templates

Stabalize Block Manager (it’s the core of the design)

It appears by the CS-Cart roadmap, they dont plan on putting the manufacturers component back in.

For everyone that says you just add them to the features, let me know if you still think that way after adding about 500 manufacturers in to the features/variants… just a forewarning though, it will crash your site or cause a script error when you try to go to manage them in the admin, not to mention, it is a genuine clusterf*** having to add them one at a time through the interface.

Without manufactureres, this cart is not going to work for us or for anyone else that has branding in the masses, such as auto parts, book dealers, etc. -which is unfortunate.

Sadly, I’ve began the process of bringing the X back to life.

This cart is just not going to suit our needs without something so standard as manufacturers and the ability to add extra fields such as MPN, ISBN.

Tis a shame too, since it has so many other neat features but couldnt have one of the most basic items that is standard on every other cart out there.

[quote name=‘AJCABRERA’]I would like to see:

While 2.12 is much more stable then the 1.0 series it still has it’s short comings. But, I think the product and features have improved 10 fold. It’s headed inthe right direction. Sadly, I think you have to start with a fresh 2x install to have a stable product. Anything it brings over from 1x will always be buggy. An, the complaints will continue.

My list:

SEO

Bring back Manufacturer

Bug Fixes (if on 1x series, maybe early 2x)

Mini sites from main site

Ebay like auction

Better native templates

Stabalize Block Manager (it’s the core of the design)[/QUOTE]

[quote name=‘AJCABRERA’]I would like to see:

Bring back Manufacturer

Stabalize Block Manager (it’s the core of the design)

[/QUOTE]

+1 on these. they are absolute priority (from our point of view :slight_smile:

I would like to amend my wishlist, I believe there are truly some database performance issues with CS-Cart. These must be fixed.

[quote name=‘Ion_Cannon’]I would like to amend my wishlist, I believe there are truly some database performance issues with CS-Cart. These must be fixed.[/QUOTE]

We have noticed the same thing. Database code?

I will need

1. Manufacturer List

2. On the “recently viewed” block, list the original price, the discounted price, and the percent of saving; similar to Amazon.

3. Give customer an option about how many products they want to view on one page, 20, 60 or View All.

I would like to have the ability to nest subcategories into multiple categories, much like you can put products into secondary categories.

We have subcategories, such as “dragonfly mobiles”, that can fit under both dragonfly and mobile categories. Right now I can only pick 1, and then have to create a whole new subcategory.

The ability to give people a % of point depending on how much they spend. like if they spend £55 they would get 3% witch is £1.65, they would get that on points. it can be currently don on the promotional but you can only give them a set amount of point and not a %, if that could be changed so you could give them a % as well as a sett amount that would be perfect.

[quote name=‘projectmyst’]The ability to give people a % of point depending on how much they spend. like if they spend £55 they would get 3% witch is £1.65, they would get that on points. it can be currently don on the promotional but you can only give them a set amount of point and not a %, if that could be changed so you could give them a % as well as a sett amount that would be perfect.[/QUOTE]

Please don’t double post things - you posted this twice within minutes of each other.

You should add this to the UserVoice area (click the ‘Ideas’ link above) where it can be voted on.

Bob