Creating Test Site on a separate domain

I am trying to get my test database set up on an entirely different host/server but am stumped and I have scoured the forums and Google. I am receiving a “Directory has no index file” error. For the record, it does have the index.html file. I am unsure of the order of operations enough at this point to troubleshoot this error. This is what I have done:

• Copied my database from my live store to my other entirely different host/server/domain name

• FTP’d all files from live store to my other host/server

• Edited by local.config.php and my .htaccess files accordingly

• Password protected access to the site

• Changed permissions as discussed in the Installation Guide, which are local.config = 666 and images, skins and var = 777

I found an article that stated to add the “DirectoryIndex store_closed.html index.php in the .htaccess file to see if it even acknowledged that file by closing the store……Nothing happened-the store did not close. So I called my host provider to verify that .htaccess files were compatible with their software and they stated that .htaccess files are compatible.

So, clearly, it seems as if the .htaccess file is not being acknowledged. As I stated, I don’t understand the order of operations of how the files are read, is there something else that I need to check that is read before this .htaccess file?

Any help would be greatly appreciated……solving this problem would call for a drink!

Thanks in advance,

cmund

[quote name='cmund' timestamp='1315058669' post='120909']

I am trying to get my test database set up on an entirely different host/server but am stumped and I have scoured the forums and Google. I am receiving a “Directory has no index file” error. For the record, it does have the index.html file. I am unsure of the order of operations enough at this point to troubleshoot this error. This is what I have done:

• Copied my database from my live store to my other entirely different host/server/domain name

• FTP’d all files from live store to my other host/server

• Edited by local.config.php and my .htaccess files accordingly

• Password protected access to the site

• Changed permissions as discussed in the Installation Guide, which are local.config = 666 and images, skins and var = 777

I found an article that stated to add the “DirectoryIndex store_closed.html index.php in the .htaccess file to see if it even acknowledged that file by closing the store……Nothing happened-the store did not close. So I called my host provider to verify that .htaccess files were compatible with their software and they stated that .htaccess files are compatible.

So, clearly, it seems as if the .htaccess file is not being acknowledged. As I stated, I don’t understand the order of operations of how the files are read, is there something else that I need to check that is read before this .htaccess file?

Any help would be greatly appreciated……solving this problem would call for a drink!

Thanks in advance,

cmund

[/quote]

Hello, cmund!

To make a copy of your store on another server, you should follow the instructions here:

CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation

If after that the problem still exists, lease contact us via Customer Help Desk and provide us with a temporary access to your new server.

[quote name='orangegirl' timestamp='1315206394' post='120989']

Hello, cmund!

To make a copy of your store on another server, you should follow the instructions here:

CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation

If after that the problem still exists, lease contact us via Customer Help Desk and provide us with a temporary access to your new server.

[/quote]

Hi Kate-

Thanks for your reply. I have followed these instructions, except I did not do a “clean install” of the same version. I FTP'd all files from my current website. I am assuming this would be sufficient? I am not on the latest version of CS-Cart (I am on 2.1.4) so I am unsure how to obtain a clean install of this version besides the FTP route.

Thanks for any insight.

cmund

Thank you for the reply, cmund!

To make a proper copy of CS-Cart on another server, it is necessary to make a clean installation first. In order to get the installation package of the necessary version, please contact our support team via your account in Customer Help Desk, they will provide you with the necessary package.

[quote name='orangegirl' timestamp='1315290028' post='121041']

Thank you for the reply, cmund!

To make a proper copy of CS-Cart on another server, it is necessary to make a clean installation first. In order to get the installation package of the necessary version, please contact our support team via your account in Customer Help Desk, they will provide you with the necessary package.

[/quote]

Thanks Kate, I will do that.

cmund