Create unique ID for each Top Menu item?

Is it possible to create a unique ID for each Top Menu item? Would I also be able to do this for the BODY tag?

Just curious why you need specific ID’s on these.

I need to style each menu item differently with CSS. Each menu item will have a different rollover color or background image. I would like to have a unique CSS class or ID for each.

I would like to know if there is a unique identifier that I can add to the top_menu.tpl page. Something like:

• This is the default code:

• Any ideas?

• Try this:

```php

• ```
  • @TonyK

I did try that, but this code gives me the Visual name of the link. Example: If one menu item is labeled “Small Pets”, than the class would be “first-level-Small Pets”. This does not help.

Is there a way to call a Slug or ID number?

{$m.param_id}

or

{$top_menu.param_id}

Try those

Awesome! thanks TonyK.

the smarty tag {$m.param_id} worked perfectly. This is the generated code for one of the menu items:

• Thanks again.

• Happy skinning :smiley:

@TonyK

Thanks again for the help on finding the proper string to add to a menu item. Now I’m looking for a Smarty string to add a unique ID or Class to the Body tag.

I tried

{$i.title}

but that gives me the actual Title with spaces.

Any ideas?

^^^

I also would love this, as well…I really need to easily target the same element differently on each page…I’m sure there’s a way to do this but I am unsure of what variable I need for this.