Coupon Code 20% Single Item

Hi I am trying to setup a coupon code that will give customers 20% off a single item…

I have tried using the cart promotion but the code is actually applied to every single item in the cart…if I have three items they are all discounted 20% off…

how do I need to set this promotion code correctly? Hope someone can help

Condition “where products equal” and add just the product you want.

John

[quote name='johnbol1' timestamp='1339096006' post='138238']

Condition “where products equal” and add just the product you want.

John

[/quote]

Thanks for the reply John

Well what I want to do is offer customers a discount code good for 20% off a single item in the cart…does not matter what product they choose…let's say it would be a 20% discount storewide on one single item…is there a way to do it?

Sorry not sure about that one, I think I have seen previous threads but dont think anyone achieved it. I think user brennie, tried this .

John

[quote name='johnbol1' timestamp='1339099301' post='138244']

Sorry not sure about that one, I think I have seen previous threads but dont think anyone achieved it. I think user brennie, tried this .

John

[/quote]

Hope Brennie or someone else can help me out with this… ?

[quote name='cherubrock74' timestamp='1339099746' post='138248']

Hope Brennie or someone else can help me out with this… ?

[/quote]

Did anyone manage to create a coupon valid for just one item in the cart of is it something impossible?

Can somone let me know please?

I will try something different in case I cannot do it

I guess you can try creating a cart promotion (not a store promotion). There you'll find a 'total product quantity in cart' condition. Looks like if you set this to 1, then you'll be able to give a 20% discount to the customer order if there is only one product (any product storewide) in the cart. If you set this to 2, discount will be given if there are two products in the cart, and so on.

You can also add other conditions and restrict this discount to a single category, or some products, or the customer's location, etc.

[quote name='denisgomes' timestamp='1340116193' post='139004']

I guess you can try creating a cart promotion (not a store promotion). There you'll find a 'total product quantity in cart' condition. Looks like if you set this to 1, then you'll be able to give a 20% discount to the customer order if there is only one product (any product storewide) in the cart. If you set this to 2, discount will be given if there are two products in the cart, and so on.

You can also add other conditions and restrict this discount to a single category, or some products, or the customer's location, etc.

[/quote]

It may work, i will give it a try

thank you for posting your reply!

Thank YOU for your reply. After I posted that I noticed that it’s been a few days so you could have just abandoned the whole idea.

Please report back if it worked for you ;)

[quote name=‘denisgomes’ timestamp=‘1340128671’ post=‘139015’]

Thank YOU for your reply. After I posted that I noticed that it’s been a few days so you could have just abandoned the whole idea.

Please report back if it worked for you ;)

[/quote]

Denisgomes I created the coupon as you suggested and it works, but the customer must have just one item in the cart. I think it serves the purpose for now, as I was wondering what would happen if you have 2 or 3 products into the cart with different prices and how to apply the coupon to one of them…how can the code decide which product should be discounted?

Not sure if this is part of the newest version, but like I said for how it works fine for me this way

thank you for the suggestion…and if anyone solved the issue in a different way please let us know.