Convert Our Brands Scroller To Display Vendors

I’d like to adapt the homepage Brand scroller to display our Vendors instead.

We don’t actually need brands; we sell digital art and our vendors essentially ARE our brands.

I found the file : templates / blocks / our_brands.tpl

I can’t quite figure out how to change it though.

hi Angeltown,

this block shows all variants of product features with type “Brand/Manufacturer” so if rule “vendor = brand” works for you, it is enough to configure brand feature, set its variants and upload images.

the disadvantage is that if store has other brands, they will be displayed too in this scroller and, in addition, scroller shows only images linked to brand details page (not to vendor details page).

if these disadvantages are critical, it is necessary to develop a new template for vendor block (not to brands block). for this, you may copy file “our_brands.tpl” to “design/themes/THEME/templates/blocks/companies” folder (and it automatically appears in block manager as new template) and adjust new template (potential problem is that block data about vendors does not contain logotypes).

if you have difficulties with this mod, please don't hesitate to contact us

best regards,

WSA team

[quote name='Damir (WSA-team)' timestamp='1428733947' post='211017']

the disadvantage is that if store has other brands, they will be displayed too in this scroller and, in addition, scroller shows only images linked to brand details page (not to vendor details page).

if these disadvantages are critical, it is necessary to develop a new template for vendor block (not to brands block). for this, you may copy file “our_brands.tpl” to “design/themes/THEME/templates/blocks/companies” folder (and it automatically appears in block manager as new template) and adjust new template (potential problem is that block data about vendors does not contain logotypes).

[/quote]

Hi Damir,

Many thanks for the tips! Yes, I attempted to just set up Brands and use it that way, but it's really crucial for us that the link goes directly to the vendor details page as we've customized it with filters & products so each of our vendors will essentially have their own little storefront. I will try to duplicate the block and make adjustments as you suggest.

Thanks again!

Angel

you are welcome, Angel :-)