Considering CS Cart

[quote name=‘Unregistered’]One major question that I have is has anyone had trouble with hosting providers outside of the recommended partners? We have our own server that’s PHP / mysql based that had housed the Virtuemart system and we really want to stay on that platform rather than switch out if possible.[/quote]

Here are the server requirements for CS-Cart:

• PHP version 5.1 or greater
  • MySQL version 4.1 or greater
  • mod_security module for Apache is disabled
  • safe_mod is disabled
  • GD library is installed with FreeType
  • cURL support is enabled
  • file_uploads is enabled;
  • .htaccess file should have the following directives allowed:

DirectoryIndex, Deny, Allow, Options, Order, AddHandler, RewriteEngine, RewriteBase, RewriteCond and RewriteRule

[quote]Another question I had was community edition cutting over to professional. I had downloaded the community edition just to mess around with the skins and see if I could customize it and found it was pretty easy for basic skinning, and had wondered if there was any way we could get the shop up and running with community edition and then later upgrade to professional within the next few months (we’ll DEFINITELY want things like the search engine friendly URLs).

Does that even work? Or if we’re going to do it, we need to just do it off the bat?[/quote]The ‘Community’ version includes all the basic features and functionalities excepting a few ‘Addons’.

[quote]The only other info I can share if anyone has any advice / recommendations, we’re doing about 1,000 visits a day with about 30 to 50 sales if that makes any difference.[/quote]No problem with CS-Cart and a right server package.

[QUOTE]The ‘Community’ version includes all the basic features and functionalities excepting a few ‘Addons’.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, CS is giving away far too much now… :rolleyes:

I’ve been using CS-Cart for three years after moving a number of clients from OScommerce. If you need assistance, don’t hesitate to ask.

Cheers,

Chris