Configure Volume Discount Cart Promo

I can’t figure out how to run the following promo. If it is even possible.

I want to provide volume discounts based on products in a category, rather than a volume discount on a single product.

So for example if I have 15 products in Category A, I want to provide a discount of 25% if 5 products from Category A are in the cart

I also want to provide a 30% discount if 10 products from Category A are in the cart, but not allow the first promo to also be applied as that would cause a double discount.

I’ve been able to get this to work by setting the condition of all product in that category and 5 or 10 products in the cart, however, it does not distinguish which 5 products are in the cart. It works as long as there is at least 1 from Category A.

Is this possible?

Cheers,

Jeff

bump. Anyone?

You can’t do this with CS-Cart. See my thread here:

[url]http://forum.cs-cart.com/showthread.php?t=12487[/url]

I submitted this question to support and their answer was:

[QUOTE]Thank you for your request.

Unfortunately, there is no way to add such promotions as you want.

For example we are making condition for the “10%” discount (2-5 books):

1. We create the “Categories” condition and choose only books categories.
  2. We create two “Total products in the cart” conditions.
  3. For the first condition we select the “equal or greater” option and set value “2”, for the othe one we select the “less” option and set value “5”.
  4. We set 10% discount on all products in categories “Books”.

When you try promotion there will be enough only one product from the “Books” categories among any other products in the cart to give the “10% discount” promotion.

The same problem will be with the “Order total” conditions set in the promotion.

But we can offer you our custom development service. Our engineers can make this feature for you on a paid basis. Please let me know if you are interested in it and I will forward your request to our quote manager.[/QUOTE]

Argg, seems every time I try to do something it’s paid development. By the time I’m done, this cart is going to cost me close to $3K!

Did you happen to get a quote to make this mod?

No, I didn’t. It’s not important enough to me. It seems their modification prices begin at around $200 and it’s just not worth that to me. Hopefully at some point this will be a standard cart feature and I will just wait it out.