Configurator - product with options wont work

v2.0.6

if you use the product configurator, and you try to add a product that has options, there are no options shown

this is very bad

as i not have to make a new item that is used only for the configurator for each item with the option

-how do you add an item to the configurator that has an option and have the option avail as a sub choice of the configurator item choice in question…

it this feature coming, or is this a bug??

In the past, cs-cart did have no plans to support the product options for 1.35.

I would be suprised if they have any plans to support the product options of the configurator for 2.0 version either?

What I do currently is that I create chield products (without options) for the configurator type of products.

So the question is that do you create two typically same products one with product options and one cloned but with chield products (no options). Or do you use chield products (only without options) (to be able to use with or without configurator)

If you do than , you may use the category as parent product and the each related chield products under that category. But then the attachments and images features do not work for categories as good as the “products” are. Then there is no multiple product selection capability.

Cs-Cart please advise if you may have future plans to support this? New promotions

mode has the ability to cover the product options as well and why not for the configurator ?. Is it because of the configurator compatibility and not practible.

Product options also should has the capability to share the same products

Magento ranks better than cs cart on these features (except the configurator compatibilty)

I have abandoned the configurator, and now use blocks. I set the main price to zero, and changed language from “contact us for price” to “design order below”. I then added the products with options below…

cs2.thebutterflygrove.cm/bedding/ladybug-bedding/ladybug-quilt.hml

That is a creative workaround - thanks for sharing.

Glen

Wow, looks like a very good idea for a start !

This is a much better than the structure with category (parent) and child products under the category.

But this method can not be a replacement for a abondoned configurator unless i am missing something out!

The main negative to using blocks is the multiple “Add to Cart” buttons. The Configurator adds all the products with one “Add to Cart” button.

I wish Cs-Cart would get the configurator working with options also.

David

to have they call for price is just stupid and violate the basic principal of an online store, that cant sell them anything, and i am sick and tired of managing up to about 8 separate products to deal with what should be 1 product with options, and they have the code in place in the backend as you mentioned, if they will just apply this to the front end then i would be set, its not rocket science to code the front end to function as it should, having store administrators having to create all the extra products and hide them so they can be used only in the configuration is just ridiculous…

[quote name=‘Triplets’]The main negative to using blocks is the multiple “Add to Cart” buttons. The Configurator adds all the products with one “Add to Cart” button.

I wish Cs-Cart would get the configurator working with options also.

David[/QUOTE]

I completely agree. They need to get configurator as a usable function. The workaround I use would also be nicer if they hadn’t gotten rid of the bulk add to cart with checkboxes that they had in 1.3.5.

[quote name=‘crackdaddy’]to have they call for price is just stupid[/QUOTE]

We actually use this function in another site (although we moded it to link to the contact page… duh!) that we use for my husband’s artwork. It’s kind of tacky to add a price on a website for artwork and it’s the standard in this field to deal on a personal level and not use an add to cart button.