Concerns about multi-vendor and PayPal

[left]I’m slightly concerned about the following issue:[/left]

[left][color=#000000][font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]1) Paypal will take their cut when a customer pays[/size][/font][/color][/left]

[left][color=#000000][font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]2) And when we pay the merchant (via paypal again), paypal will take another cut[/size][/font][/color][/left]

[left][color=#000000][font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]3) We (the admin) must charge the vendor a commission on top of this.[/size][/font][/color][/left]

[left][color=#000000][font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]Does anyone else have any experience with this?[/size][/font][/color][/left]

[left][color=#000000][font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]Thanks,[/size][/font][/color][/left]

[left][color=#000000][font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]Michael[/size][/font][/color][/left]

Hi Michael, when I pay the vendors I pay as a masspay, it only cost me $1 and nothing on the vendor side which is highly appreciated on their side. They can give you a better commission if they don't get hit with a Paypal fee once you pay them. Doesn't matter how much you are paying them, as long as the money is in your Paypal account it only cost ou $1. No matter which payment processor you use, you will always pay a fee per transaction. Some might have lower fees but Paypal is one of the most famous one. I think the best is to offer more than Papal as a payment processor. I don't use it yet but I think Paypal Pro has better rates.

Best of luck in your business.

Hi Belzibot,

Are you paying through the automated vendor payouts add-on?

Michael

Hi, no. I don't want them to get the money right away. There are a few things I like to make sure before I pay them like the user got the item, user is happy etc. Plus the paypal pro isn't much of an option. I like to pay once every 2 weeks or when it hit a certain amount.

Let me know if you have any questions.

David

[quote name='Belzibot' timestamp='1334285884' post='134737']

Hi, no. I don't want them to get the money right away. There are a few things I like to make sure before I pay them like the user got the item, user is happy etc. Plus the paypal pro isn't much of an option. I like to pay once every 2 weeks or when it hit a certain amount.

Let me know if you have any questions.

David

[/quote]

Hello Belzibot,

So are you pretty satisfied with Paypal, are you using the standard plan that does not have a monthly cost?