Complete product name

Hi,

I was wondering what I need to change to show the full product title on the category page, instead of long names being cut off with a trailing …?

I know this has been asked before, because I found the solution at one time and apologize for a repeat. I just can't remember what search terms I had used and none I'm using now are finding the thread I found last time. I'm sorry.

Thanks!

Depending on what “list template” you are using for your products, you want to make sure that when it includes the template common_templates/product_data.tpl that the variable “show_name” is true and that “show_trunc_name” is false.

Thanks once again! :)

I was looking for the exact same answer… Thanks Tony

Hi lads

I have this code in product data:

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=3]{if $show_name}

{if $hide_links}{else}$product.product_id”|fn_url}” class=“product-title”>{/if}{$product.product|unescape}{if $hide_links}{else}{/if}

{elseif $show_trunc_name}

{if $hide_links}{else}
$product.product_id”|fn_url}” class=“product-title” title=“{$product.product|strip_tags}”>{/if}{$product.product|unescape|truncate:[color=#ff0000][size=5]17[/size][/color]:“…”:true}{if $hide_links}{else}{/if}

{/if}[/size][/font]

17 wich is the number of characters I want to display… I changed it because I wanted all the products have the same height in blocks, I mean line it up the add to cart buttons (same level should be another way to say it in english I think, sorry about my bad english) but 17 characters it too short and if I increase it gets out of the line again. My question is, is there any chance to put some code or something to fix this? I would need 3 space beak or something but I dont know how to develope.

Thanks lads.

Consider using the overflow:none; css property for the chosen selector and simply making the width of the container the size you want. Then you can preserve your html formatting in your names without having to try to out-guess it.