Community Forums

This is about the stupidest thing I have ever heard.

I register for an account on the forum and can’t actually post anything anywhere meaningful. My client has a licence for the software, but I didn’t enter it when I signed up, not realising that nobody matters unless they prove they paid (even for community support and questions? seriously that is… unbelievably screwed up.)

[quote name=‘steverino’]My client has a licence for the software, but I didn’t enter it when I signed up, not realising that nobody matters unless they prove they paid (even for community support and questions? seriously that is… unbelievably screwed up.)[/quote]

So you made a mistake, and the forum is unbelievably screwed up?

Welcome…

[quote name=‘JesseLeeStringer’]So you made a mistake, and the forum is unbelievably screwed up?

Welcome…[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your welcome Jesse.

Am I right to assume that all these messages are pre-moderated? They seem to disappear with no indication of successful posting, to turn up some time later. I’m not criticizing the speed of moderation by the way, just trying to understand.

The fact that I couldn’t see posts that I’d tried to make has contributed somewhat to my frustration, I’m pleased to see some evidence that I’m not just sending messages into the void.

I remain unable to post in the other product related forums which (based on others’ observations) is possibly because my account is not associated with a license or something along those lines. If this is the case, then it seems unnecessarily restrictive.

I have tried to delete my account and re-register, supplying my clients’ helpdesk login, but it appears that it has been used up when they originally signed up.

Thanks,

steve

Now wait a minute Jesse the guy has a point. I quit.

Okay, I don’t think this pre-moderation is helpful for open communication, as it means posts show up out of sequence.

I’m just going to deal with my problems without the forum. Take care guys, I’m sure you mean well.

[quote name=‘steverino’]Thanks for your welcome Jesse.

Am I right to assume that all these messages are pre-moderated? They seem to disappear with no indication of successful posting, to turn up some time later. I’m not criticizing the speed of moderation by the way, just trying to understand.

The fact that I couldn’t see posts that I’d tried to make has contributed somewhat to my frustration, I’m pleased to see some evidence that I’m not just sending messages into the void.

I remain unable to post in the other product related forums which (based on others’ observations) is possibly because my account is not associated with a license or something along those lines. If this is the case, then it seems unnecessarily restrictive.

I have tried to delete my account and re-register, supplying my clients’ helpdesk login, but it appears that it has been used up when they originally signed up.

Thanks,

steve[/quote]

I can safely assume that you are over 18, and so now you can post :wink:

Hey, I’m not 18!

(No, so far past, I don’t remember 18 anymore or 21 for that matter :smiley: )

I think the reason for having the limitation is becuase they had problems with Spam in the past. I believe that this was something that was discussed a while back and it was decided that only “owners” of the cart could register on the forum.

This is the reason why the Trial forums are open. But even then there was a lot of spam, but between the moderators it is kept to a mininum.

I would imagine that if you contact a moderator you will be able to work something out to get registered.

Personally I like the way it is. I don’t want to have to look through a bunch of **** to see the posts that are important.

Also, this isn’t really a very good way for you to start things out on here. If you are just starting out with this cart you are going to have a ton of questions. And what is the old saying “You can catch more flies with honey than vinegar”

Brandon

And I wasn’t thrilled to be spending my day deleting spam and banning spammers.

Every single day I have to delete spammers, I’m complaining and I’ve almost completely automated the task, still it’s a pain. Until things change with SPAM, you’re going to have to grow some patience.

It gets worse everyday, I hate running forums - I wouldn’t hate it except for having to approve everyone individually due to so many frigging spammers.

Not to mention this is you introducing yourself to the forum, with patience your introduction might have sounded a lot more like it was written by an individual I’d actually help.

OBVIOUSLY this is my opinion not cs-carts.

I’m not without guilt however, I used to ***** all the time about other peoples stuff until I had to start doing it myself.

Fair points, sorry, I was having a bad day.

Looks like my project has been put on hold for 18 months so I’ll have plenty of time to learn CS Cart…

No problem, I do hope you get a chance to use the software, I’m honestly saying this, I have had a lot easier time putting stores together with cs-cart than any other store software I’ve ever used and I had my first online store in 1998.

hhhmmm, does this mean that my post was actually submitted then? I just registered and submitted a question, but it didn’t give me any indication of whether the post got lost, was submitted, or is hidden in the ethernet somewhere.