COMMERCIAL or RESIDENTIAL shipping addresses, beware!

To all who are considering purchasing CS-Cart, let me warn you of something I have discovered AFTER purchasing this product.

First, I must say that this is the best cart I have used “out of the box”.

But, now I must say that I have learned a few things. The cost is only $195.00, that’s good - in one way, but, here’s what you’re going to discover:

1. At checkout, there is no method for a customer to indicate whether their shipping address is “Residential” or “Commercial”, so the realtime shipping rate calculator will not return a correct rate. I brought this matter to the attention of tech support and here’s the response I just received from them:

[quote]In order to transmit what radio button is selected by a customer and then to return the corresponding rate from the website of the realtime shipping method to CS-Cart some php code modifications are required. Unfortunately, such modifications are not covered by our technical support service.[/quote]

There you have it, they will want you to PAY for them to fix a PROBLEM in their own software.

2. If you are going to offer “Free Shipping” discount you will not be able to isolate it to any particular country or other destination type. If you offer free shipping over xxx amount of dollars EVERYONE will get it. They wanted to charge me to fix that too, for example, we offer free shipping for orders over $99.00 but only withing the U.S. We sell worldwide, and when we set the Free Shipping discount up there is no way to isolate it to the U.S.

Closing Comment: The $195.00 is a good price for what you get “out-of-the-box”, but, be ready to spend additional money - to have fixed what should be there in the first place.

Bill G. - CS-Cart owner/user

Bill

regarding point 2. I have free shipping setup for US customers only as an option for orders over 100.00 (it is by media mail…very slow, and cheap :wink: … but an option nonetheless)

The customer can still choose overnight or Priority if they desire.

The option does not appear if i order from the UK or australia.

hmmmm…I may have to clarify this…I never (i forgot) to test this with an order under 100.00 US…

the free ship option shows up

:rolleyes:

wonder why no one ever takes it?

I agree about free shipping, it’s not enought flexible to use.

they really should take a look on that.

[quote name=‘MikeFold’]Bill

regarding point 2. I have free shipping setup for US customers only as an option for orders over 100.00 (it is by media mail…very slow, and cheap :wink: … but an option nonetheless)

The customer can still choose overnight or Priority if they desire.

The option does not appear if i order from the UK or australia.[/QUOTE]

Hi Mike.

I’m curious how you did that. (?) The only way for me to set it up to be selective about what destination receives Free Shipping is by forcing people to use a coupon, otherwise, I have to create Memberships associated with particular destinations, or force the people to use Coupons. They quoted me a fee of $420.00 to add the ability to be selective, using destinations, to be able to isolate what destination receives the Discount! In my opinion, that’s preposterous. What kind of functional utility is it if we create a discount and then be forced to give it to either a membership group or everyone. If we want to isolate dicscounts then we have to force people to apply for a membership associated with that particular discount or, in the alternative, we have to give the discount to everyone.:confused:

People have to send them (the help desk) messages about this problem or they (CS-Cart personnel) don’t think people are interested in the discount isolation matter. At the present time I have to force people to enter a coupon code to get the discount, that sucks, because, for example, a guy from Canada just placed an order and forgot to enter the code and asked me if I can just apply it from my end. I can, but I have to now log into authorize.net, void his order, and create a new one.:frowning:

Bill G.

supremefulvic.com

Bill,

Let me clarify

I followed that post up with a reviewed post. I actually had Jerry’s Paintball brothers mod working awhile back. I recall making a slight change in the same template to do another function, and “screwed up” the mod that was posted on the forum.

I then reuploaded the original, made the other change, and forgot to “remod” the Jerry mod.

I never noticed that even though the order might be under 100 to the US customers, the free shipping option appeared, yet not a single customer chose it for some reason. ???:confused:

(thus the reason I ‘thought’ it was working OK because people orders did choose it over 100.00)

I have removed the option for now until I can get to it again.

If I can make it work, I will let you know what I did.

What version are you on?

[quote name=‘MikeFold’]Bill,

Let me clarify

I followed that post up with a reviewed post. I actually had Jerry’s Paintball brothers mod working awhile back. I recall making a slight change in the same template to do another function, and “screwed up” the mod that was posted on the forum.

I then reuploaded the original, made the other change, and forgot to “remod” the Jerry mod.

I never noticed that even though the order might be under 100 to the US customers, the free shipping option appeared, yet not a single customer chose it for some reason. ???:confused:

(thus the reason I ‘thought’ it was working OK because people orders did choose it over 100.00)

I have removed the option for now until I can get to it again.

If I can make it work, I will let you know what I did.

What version are you on?[/QUOTE]

Howdy Mike.

Acknowledged.

I’m using the most recent version of CS-Cart.

Bill