cms content/topic pages...where's the text?

I’m working with cs-cart with a highly customized front-end so I don’t know if the problem is with the customization or with something stoopid that I’m doing. In the very likely event that it is my ignorance, I thought I’d post it here to see if anyone had some insight…

I can create cms topics and pages that display in the left nav menu as expected. I can even click the link and view the correct url. However, all I see is the title of the page. None of the text that was written appears.

Can anyone point me in the general direction of where to look so that I can start to troubleshoot this? (wild goose chases are welcome…I’m a bit of a noob and this is all a learning experience)

In skins/CUSTOMER_SKIN/customer/pages_pages/page_details.tpl, does your file resemble this?

{* $Id: page_details.tpl 3421 2007-07-24 06:20:04Z zeke $ *}
{capture name="mainbox"}
{$page.full_description|default:$page.short_description}
{/capture}
{include file="common_templates/mainbox.tpl" title=$page.page content=$smarty.capture.mainbox}

{if $settings.Addons.discussion == 'Y'}
{include file="addons/discussion/discussion.tpl" object_id=$page.page_inner_id object_type="A" title=$lang.discussion_title_page}
{/if}

Yes, it’s identical.

It works fine when I’m linking to a form, but not to a page.

You can see what I mean here:

[url]http://maryknoll.vps-server.com/dev/[/url]

Here’s something interesting…the reason the title of the page shows up but not the content is because the content doesn’t “stick” – if i try to edit the short desc. and full desc. fields, the descriptions disappear when I click “update”.

Strange, eh?

Well I don’t see a title, but I do see “Unfortunately we cannot locate this page for you.”

strange…you mention that you click “update”

my admin/CMS pages only have “save changes” as an option

don’t know if that means anything

Thanks for your willingness to help guys. I’m going to work with the developer who customized it to get it fixed. I’m sure they’ll be able to figure it out.