Cloudflare Peace Or Crap Or Not ?

i have to say i'm very disapointed with cloudflare. there are no real differnces in speed or security or anything when using a free account mode.

second universal ssl doesn't work at all when you use a hosting partener to integrate website and cloudflare.

after couple of days of testing with nibbler and pingdom and comparing result i have to say cs cart is working better without cloudflare or there are no differnce.

so free account and the free stuff from cloudflare is useles

To the best of my knowledge, Cloudflare is not a replacement for CDN. It only acts as the first point of contact for some bots and obvious threats in the free subscription. I used Cloudflare when it was in beta for wordpress websites and there were many false-positives (asking people enter captcha to enter the website) I have not seen an implementation of cloudflare on ecommerce website or come across to an implementation of it. Ideally, you want anyone in anywhere to be able to access to your website because you are selling stuff.

[quote name='mazter' timestamp='1415254447' post='196184']

To the best of my knowledge, Cloudflare is not a replacement for CDN. It only acts as the first point of contact for some bots and obvious threats in the free subscription. I used Cloudflare when it was in beta for wordpress websites and there were many false-positives (asking people enter captcha to enter the website) I have not seen an implementation of cloudflare on ecommerce website or come across to an implementation of it. Ideally, you want anyone in anywhere to be able to access to your website because you are selling stuff.

[/quote]

What do you recommend for CDN then? I use cloudflare and it doesn't seem to make a difference.

switch to vps on your host when you are on shared hosting when needed more cpu power… or use the built in amazon cdn. … It's powerfull

I use the Amazon CDN and it definitely helps with site speed.

[quote name='ambush510' timestamp='1415256494' post='196185']

What do you recommend for CDN then? I use cloudflare and it doesn't seem to make a difference.

[/quote]

[size=3]In my experience, CDN (Content Delivery Network) is not designed to make your website faster. You distribute your static files on these networks so when you have people closer to that network, you will reduce the connection response time to the lowest and they will receive those items faster. Having said that, CS-Cart generates JS and CSS files as part of template cache, I'm not sure how good that is working with CS-Cart so @kingsleypress might give a better idea.[/size]

[size=3]Rest of the website is dynamic so that would cover everything from your home page-product pages-category pages to login-checkout etc. The load time of these pages will completely depend on CPU power of your host. You can use EC2 to host your VPS and use Amazon S3 as storage and AWS as CDN. It would be hell a lot of work to learn all about those technologies.[/size]

[size=3]Instead, I'd suggest you go to uservoice topics below and vote for CS-Cart team to make their software faster. They already have CDN integration.[/size]

[size=3]http://cscart.uservo…peed-of-cs-cart[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][size=3] 33 votes (2nd page)[/size][/font][/color]

http://cscart.uservo…g-use-memcached[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][size=3] 22 votes (3rd page)[/size][/font][/color]

http://cscart.uservo…rt-with-litespe[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][size=3] 17 votes (5th page)[/size][/font][/color][/size]

[size=3][color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][size=3]I'm currently testing linode VPS $10 / month for one of my sites. It seems like SSD based hosting services help a lot with CS-Cart load time. So I'd recommend you to check out linode.com, a2hosting.com, digitalocean.com for betterhosting. [/size][/font][/color][color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][size=3]You should definitely start from there before getting a CDN implementation.[/size][/font][/color][/size]

you own vps (not shared hosting) is excellent for ecommerce… i have to say cs cart is very optimized…sometimes cpu get's overloaded but that's because of https use…huge cpu power is required to quit such connection… so i have to say… i manage some other ecommerce systems which are resource consuming… I/O ,entry processes,memory overload…and…filecaching of pre… is killing…inodes

i'm happy with cs cart thats conclusion

I have VPS with SSD. I also use a standard SSL. So should i switch to amazon cdn? is it better?

I use futurehosting for hosting.

i belive vps with ssd is just ok

[quote name='demeldoo' timestamp='1415292936' post='196287']

i belive vps with ssd is just ok

[/quote]

If i cancel my cloudflare pro cdn package then my SSL stops working. Any suggestion for that?

you have ssl installated on your root server otherwise cloudfront ssl won't work so you have already ssl on you domain…

there should not be an issue with that

[quote name='demeldoo' timestamp='1415301278' post='196295']

you have ssl installated on your root server otherwise cloudfront ssl won't work so you have already ssl on you domain…

there should not be an issue with that

[/quote]

Yes thats correct but i also use sucuri cloud firewall for security purposes. Maybe i will mess around with the settings in sucuri.

Sucuri is other product or not?

[quote name='demeldoo' timestamp='1415303773' post='196299']

Sucuri is other product or not?

[/quote]

Yeah it is. I use cloudflare pro for CDN and sucuri for firewall.

So sucuri is not a cloudflare product it can be used separatly… theroticly you had sucuri which was providing firewall and cloudflare providing cdn and security also but in practice I don't know if this usable…or is there a benefit from spreading site such across the Internet. … hmmm…

Well sucuri is a must for my website. Theres always hackers trying to exploit backdoors to my site so sucuri does a good job keeping things protected by patching loop holes instantly. Im not sure if cloudflare speeds up the website. The only benefit i see with spreading site would be if a person wanted to buy something from my store and they were located in a different country then i guess the website would load faster for them if the website is using a cdn. So i am still testing if i should keep cloudflare for the long run.

do you have forgeign customers? or where is your nearest server from cloudflare? for me… slovenia = amsterdam…

in translation my customers are forwarded to the netherlands…

amazon cdn is free for the first year and you can use your's webhosting security options like geotrust web site anti-malware or other software which is availabe trought cpanel … so in practice it's run's on your server no addon needed

Our server location is USA. Our customer base is from USA, Canada, and India. Do you use amazon cdn?