Click/Add to cart to see price

This option is handy, I would like to see it in CS-Cart, anyone else???

I thought there was a mod floating around or that it was built-in that you had to login to see the price?

I have the mod coming out on my next store. both “add to cart to see price”

and dont show any price, but request price via email.

CS can do these mods no problem.

that is great ETinteractive,

It would be nice to see CS-Cart Implement that feature

I’m really curious why you’d want to do this … care to explain? As a shopper, I find this infuriating and I’m likely to move on after the first or second time I’m faced with it. In my mind you’d be putting barriers up between your customer and the final sale. Amazon is set up this way and I’ve stopped using them for the most part due to this and other customer-unfriendly practices.

For my client who deals in motorcycle aftermarket parts, their are rules determined by the manufacturer. Some of them wont allow internet sales. If you dont follow their rules, they remove their products from your store.

So while you maybe angry as a customer. In my case, no one on the internet is allowed to sell these items. or in some cases, they are only allowed to advertise MRSP on the net.

Gotta follow the rules.

Ahhh, got it. Didn’t make sense to me, now it does … thanks for the info.

It was a shock to me too when the client asked about it…doesn’t make much sense, but the manufacturers are protecting themselves from liabilities, so they say.

ET is right. i am on both sides, i find it annoying to have to put something in my cart to see the price, but on the b ack side, many manufactururs dont like internet sales or they will pull thier line from you. so the web sites have to tread lightly

I’m not sure what liability they’d be protecting themselves against, but I know lots of mfr’s are still skittish about the net.

Come to think of it, new high-end guitars and other high-end stringed instruments online sales are handled exactly this way (stated msrp + call for price typically), so I suppose this is dictated by the mfr.

I suppose what they don’t want to do is allow some retailers to really lowball everyone else, which is quite possible if your volume is high enough that you get volume wholesale discounts. This policy allows discount retailers to still sell at whatever price they choose, but they can’t advertise it so the mfr limits unfair competitive advantage.

[quote name=‘arlen’]I’m not sure what liability they’d be protecting themselves against, but I know lots of mfr’s are still skittish about the net.

Come to think of it, new high-end guitars and other high-end stringed instruments online sales are handled exactly this way (stated msrp + call for price typically), so I suppose this is dictated by the mfr.

I suppose what they don’t want to do is allow some retailers to really lowball everyone else, which is quite possible if your volume is high enough that you get volume wholesale discounts. This policy allows discount retailers to still sell at whatever price they choose, but they can’t advertise it so the mfr limits unfair competitive advantage.[/QUOTE]

thats pretty much it. mfg’s have alot of control over the brick store, contracts and such, but the net is easy to hide somewhere and sell product. alot of sites arent authorized sellers of a product so they can set thier own price and flood the market, or if there is a problem the customer is stuck,

Exactly.

as for liability, one example a helmet company stopped all net sales, b/c people were buying helmets via the net w/o getting properly fitted at a bike shop and in the event of a crash and death, they could be sued.

I find DISPLAY PRICE after log in is a good way if you are in wholesale or Distribution market. Your dealer / customer will need to log in in order to view their wholesale price.

mainly reselling it to dealer , not end user / consumer

[quote name=‘ETInteractive’]I have the mod coming out on my next store. both “add to cart to see price”

and dont show any price, but request price via email.

CS can do these mods no problem.[/QUOTE]Would you be willing to offer it, perhaps for a price? Or should I go to the developers?

I’d hate to be the cause for delaying 1.3.4 :slight_smile:

Im away from home til monday, let me browse my files and see what I can do.

[quote name=‘ETInteractive’]Im away from home til monday, let me browse my files and see what I can do.[/QUOTE]Have you gotten back to this at all?

[quote name=‘ETInteractive’]It was a shock to me too when the client asked about it…doesn’t make much sense, but the manufacturers are protecting themselves from liabilities, so they say.[/quote] It’s also a way to level the playing field for dealers. In the US, it is illegal for a manufacturer or distributor to set the retail price I must sell their stuff at. But, it is perfectly legal for them to establish a Minimum Advertised Price, or a policy of not publishing prices at all.

Like everyone, I don’t like seeing the call for price prompt when I’m looking to buy something, but as a retail merchant, I am very grateful to mfg’s that require this. It lets a little guy like me compete with the big whorehouses.

Cheers;

Mike