Choosing Web Host?

Your host doesn’t have to be in NZ. I’m in NY and my host is in Utah. PM me and I’ll give you more information.

[quote name=‘roban’]Your host doesn’t have to be in NZ. I’m in NY and my host is in Utah. PM me and I’ll give you more information.[/QUOTE]

I agree Roban, however, it is wise to have your host somewhat centrally located within the geographic location of which the majority of your customer base resides for site speed.

For example, it would not be wise to use a USA based hosting provider if your market is basically New Zealand. Best to find a reliable, high performance hosting provider in either NZ or AU

[quote name=‘BusyNZ’]I would love to find someone with a contact phone number, there is one ive found over here so far, but im just hesitant at changing as im scared they are going to be **** and ill be stuck with them. Thanks![/quote]

Martfox doesn’t have a phone support but their CS-Cart customers are very satisfied with their services; hosting + support.

[quote name=‘indy0077’]Martfox doesn’t have a phone support but their CS-Cart customers are very satisfied with their services; hosting + support.[/QUOTE]

And, Indy is an insomniac which is the equivalent to providing 24/7 realtime support! :o

[quote name=‘BusyNZ’]Just a couple of questions with how to find a good webhost to use CS cart with? I am in NZ and just had 12 hours down on my non-CScart site. Couldnt contact anyone, and i cant afford to have that happening.So im looking for someone new.How important is it to find someone in New Zealand? What sort of thing am i looking for to make sure my site is fast loading, or is it just luck of the draw? I would love to find someone with a contact phone number, there is one ive found over here so far, but im just hesitant at changing as im scared they are going to be **** and ill be stuck with them. Thanks![/QUOTE]

HostGator works for us and our customers from UAE, Australia , and Africa think we have a fast site.

[quote name=‘KBM’]HostGator works for us and our customers from UAE, Australia , and Africa think we have a fast site.[/QUOTE]

And they would think you had an even faster site if Hostgator was physically located in those countries… :slight_smile:

[quote name=‘BusyNZ’]Wow Martfox seems so cheap! It looks pretty good and has everything i need… apart from phone support :slight_smile: But never had it before anyway. Gah decisions :)[/quote]

You’ll be hard-pressed finding a decent host in NZ yet alone AUS. (Trust me, I just left there) I would recommend (dependant on your market) hiring a VPS and using that.

Hello BusyNZ,

I am currently using VentraIP (formally Cove) to host my Cart (located in Aus, Melbourne, Sydney and Overseas Servers), and would highly recommend them, especially their business plans.

The business plans, although shared are incredibly stable, I am currently getting a 19ms ping to it, plus the Business Plans have a separate dedicated server just for Database processing.

Been with them for over a year now so am very confident with their service, 24/7 Phone Support on most plans, Email Tickets are generally responded to within 30 minutes and their VIP Control Panel (their customer area) is seen very highly, they have coded their own and allows you to make a ton of changes easily which would normally require help from a Support Person.

[quote name=‘BusyNZ’]I am in NZ and just had 12 hours down on my non-CScart site. Couldnt contact anyone, and i cant afford to have that happening.[/QUOTE]

Hello,

I live in France, and my web hosting company is in USA.

Please, read my last thread:

Pair.com Database Crash… Site down 11 minute

If 11 minute is better than 12 hours, so contact Pair.com.

See my signature too!

Lee Li Pop

I have been using Justhost.com they are awesome!! They are inexpensive and you get everything you can ever need. It works great with cs-cart as well.