Checkout Shows Taxes Before Getting Shipping Address

Hello,

Using v4, when adding a product and going to check out, the Order Summary box on the right is showing taxes. It should not be doing this until the customer has specified their shipping address. I am not seeing anything in Settings-General, Location or Tax settings that might be causing this. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks.

For those who come across the same problem, the issue was that the default address in settings was in the state where tax is applied so CS Cart automatically assumes that all customers are coming from that state.

I am not sure if this is such a good thing. In the US small ecommerce stores do not necessarily charge sales tax to customers outside of their home state. Customers should not see the tax until they enter their shipping address. Otherwise, those not going to be charged tax will think that the price will be higher than it actually will be.

This has been this way for many versions. I just never enter anything except, United States, in the Default Location. You don't need to enter the state.

Bob