Checkout And Email Subscription

Hello,

I am using built in E-mail marketing addon and I cannot find how to add tick box for email subscription in new checkout. Maybe I missed something.

Any advise?

Thank you.

G

Did you enable the "Newsletter checkbox on checkout" option the addon settings?

Did you enable the "Newsletter checkbox on checkout" option the addon settings?

Yes, is enabled but there is no how to create block or add block to layout. I cannot find.

2020-05-14_12h24_57.jpg

This is a part of the "Customer's notes" block. Please note that your e-mail should not be in the list of subscribers. In this case checkbox will be hidden

This is a part of the "Customer's notes" block. Please note that your e-mail should not be in the list of subscribers. In this case checkbox will be hidden

Not sure but wasn't able to setup on demo site also. Maybe I am doing something wrong.

Memel, were you able to figure this out? I'm trying to setup the Email Marketing Addon now and can't figure out how to get the "checkbox" to opt into subscription to appear.

I currently have zero subscribers since we are activating the function now. So I'm sure the email I'm putting in isn't the reason it's not showing.

Memel, were you able to figure this out? I'm trying to setup the Email Marketing Addon now and can't figure out how to get the "checkbox" to opt into subscription to appear.

I currently have zero subscribers since we are activating the function now. So I'm sure the email I'm putting in isn't the reason it's not showing.

Still doesn't show to me. I have tried on demo site and seems I couldn't make it work on there also.

Well, this is disappointing. I put in a ticket with CS-Cart to find out how to get the Email Marketing Addon to work. I'll let you know what they say.

We've been using it for years, but I recently had to disable it after upgrading because the box doesn't appear; it simply subscribes everyone (sends them the double opt-in thank goodness). Then everyone reports us a spammer. Fun fun fun!

So I'm hoping you get an answer on your ticket! I haven't had a chance to open one for that yet.

Hi All, I got a response from CS-Cart. Their support team says "it's working" but there needs to be at least two payment method and the buyer need to select one to trigger the Newsletter Signup checkbox. This seems like a very strange and useless design. In our case we use Multi-Vendor and all payments go through Stripe Connect. There will never be two payment methods in our system.

See their response below:

----

I can confirm that it's working, however it requires at least 2 payment options available on the checkout due to need of AJAX call after inputting the customer email.

Details:
1. Customer inputs his/her delivery info and email
2. Then he/she selects desired payment method, which triggers AJAX call with the newest info (including customer email)
3. CS-Cart checks if this email was already subscribed. If there will be no subscription, the div element with checkbox and appropriate information will be added right before Place Order button.

I have forwarded the request to our development team, and if they will find this request useful, the behaviour will be changed in one of newest versions of CS-Cart

Thank you.

Stay safe and have a good day.

---

Hello,

Hi All, I got a response from CS-Cart. Their support team says "it's working" but there needs to be at least two payment method and the buyer need to select one to trigger the Newsletter Signup checkbox.
This issue has been fixed and the fix will be included in the next version.
You may want to apply the fix by yourself, since it is available in unified diff format: [url=https://gist.github.com/DariaUshaeva/2d53e7669744f135a233886834506eb5]the diff file[/url]
Use it [url=https://docs.cs-cart.com/latest/upgrade/apply_diff_file.html]as described in the documentation.[/url]

Hello,

This issue has been fixed and the fix will be included in the next version.
You may want to apply the fix by yourself, since it is available in unified diff format: the diff file

Wonderful!! We really appreciate that. Thank you so much!

Thank you! I appreciate you fixing this!