Changing sort order of Registered Customers list.

When I log in I look for new customers but the default sort is by Name

which I then have to sort by ID to find new registrants.

Where can I adjust things so that the default order is by ID ?

click “ID”

I knew that johnbol1. Just asking to find a way to make ID 'highest first' the default sort order

when the list is first displayed.

So far only 150 members but later it will be time consuming to resort every time I want to see

the latest members.

[quote name='termalert' timestamp='1385990760' post='172728']

I knew that johnbol1. Just asking to find a way to make ID 'highest first' the default sort order

when the list is first displayed.

So far only 150 members but later it will be time consuming to resort every time I want to see

the latest members.

[/quote]

What version are you using?

John

Change default sort order of customers to ID to display by the more recently registered customer.

Open:-

/app/functions/fn.users.php

Find:-

$sorting = db_sort($params, $sortings, 'name', 'asc');

Replace with:-

$sorting = db_sort($params, $sortings, 'user_id', 'desc');

Remember to create a backup of any files, folders or database entries you may edit at all times.

[size=5][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Using 3.0.6[/font][/size]

[size=5][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]can't find [/font][/size][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=5] [/size][/font][color=#008800][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=5]/app/[/size][/font][/color][color=#000000][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=5]functions[/size][/font][/color][color=#666600][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=5]/[/size][/font][/color][color=#000000][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=5]fn[/size][/font][/color][color=#666600][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=5].[/size][/font][/color][color=#000000][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=5]users[/size][/font][/color][color=#666600][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=5].[/size][/font][/color][color=#000000][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=5]php[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=5]Having to click on ID isn't such a huge chore I guess.[/size][/font][/color]

[size=5][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][color=#000000]Thanks anyway good people.[/color][/font][/size]

[quote name='termalert' timestamp='1386051118' post='172781']

[size=5][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Using 3.0.6[/font][/size]

[size=5][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]can't find [/font][/size][color=#008800][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=5]/app/[/size][/font][/color][color=#000000][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=5]functions[/size][/font][/color][color=#666600][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=5]/[/size][/font][/color][color=#000000][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=5]fn[/size][/font][/color][color=#666600][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=5].[/size][/font][/color][color=#000000][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=5]users[/size][/font][/color][color=#666600][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=5].[/size][/font][/color][color=#000000][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=5]php[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=5]Having to click on ID isn't such a huge chore I guess.[/size][/font][/color]

[size=5][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][color=#000000]Thanks anyway good people.[/color][/font][/size]

[/quote]

For V3 you need to make the change in core/fn.users.php

look at line 877

Change

if (empty($params['sort_by']) || empty($sortings[$params['sort_by']])) {
$params['sort_by'] = 'name';
}

to

if (empty($params['sort_by']) || empty($sortings[$params['sort_by']])) {
$params['sort_by'] = 'id';
}

then line 883

change

// Reverse sorting (for usage in view)
$params['sort_order'] = $params['sort_order'] == 'asc' ? 'desc' : 'asc';

to

// Reverse sorting (for usage in view)
$params['sort_order'] = $params['sort_order'] == 'asc' ? 'desc' : 'desc';

john

Thanks John.

I took it out for a spin but then had to restore the original file.

The default order was ID ascending which I had to click anyway

to sort descending. Then it wouldn't budge when I tried to sort

and got stuck in descending order.