Changing Languages In The Admin Area

Can we use another parameter, different from sl=, to switch the languages in the administration panel,

say, hl= ?

According to the fn_init_language function, only sl parameter from URL is supported

According to the fn_init_language function, only sl parameter from URL is supported

Thank you. I was asking because when I change the language in my Admin area, I am getteing to another domain corresponding to the language chosen. In most cases, everything works properly, but in one particular case, the addon gets disabled because it has detected an other domain than the licensed one.

I was also wondering if you guys can license an IP instead of a domain and somehow add another checks, say, instances (number of installations). Because, as a matter of fact, I have installed the addon on one domain only. The other domains are parked on it and cannot have different content.

If you mean admin panel, not store-front, there is also "descr_sl" parameter can be used. It is stored in the session and responsible for the language of the editable content.

For example, if you have sl=en&descr_sl=fr in the URL it means that you edit content for French language, but in English interface

For example, if you have sl=en&descr_sl=fr in the URL it means that you edit content for French language, but in English interface

Thank you, this also doesn't work because we are looking for string "sl=xx" when switching the domains. We are just landing there when changing the descr_sl to ru or de

if you have sl=en&descr_sl=fr in the URL it means that you edit content for French language, but in English interface

On a second thought, this can solve 90% of the problem. I extended the condition string to "&sl=xx" and this excluded "_sl=xx". Now I can change the edit languages in the Admin area without going to other domains.

Thanks for the tip! My hero again...