Changing Footer Information

First, my obligatory rant on why CS Cart doesn't have a better (to put it mildly) presence on You Tube.

Now then… I'm trying to manipulate the footer that came with CS cart by default. I see how the blocks can be dragged to different locations, but how to rename each of the default columns “titles” is a mystery to me.

Also how can I edit the links that appears below each of these headings in the footer (both renaming them and editing their actual content)?

I'm sure that once someone points it out it'll suddenly become obvious enough to warrant a self-headslap, but in the meantime, I'm kinda stumped.

Thanks in advance!

Michael

Hi Michael,

Some of the default footer blocks are Custom HTML which can, as you might assume, be edited through the WYSIWYG editor for that block. The others are more than likely going to have to be edited through the Template Editor and can presumably be found as Static Templates:

[color=#000000][font=Tahoma, Arial, Verdana,] [/font][/color][color=#000000][font=Tahoma][size=3]/skins/basic/customer/blocks/static_templates[/size][/font][/color]

Thanks Jeremy,

I went to “design” and chose “template editor”

I tried clicking on any of the 3 items that popped up but as you can see, I don't have “permissions”.

Am I in the right place?

Michael

oops…

I tried pasting in a screen shot and got a pile of useless text when I tried to post.

hopefully this might help

[list=1]

[]go to block editor

[
]choose the block e.g. demo store

[]click the gearwheel for(block options)

[
]in the general tab in the name section give it the desired name BUT most important, then go to the content tab which has a wysiwyg editor and there at the top above the links you can remove the “demo store” name and put your own

[/list]

this is mine

[color=#000000]

Courts70[/color][list]

[]About us

[
]Contact Us

[]Gift certificates

[
]Promotions

[]Events

[
]Sitemap

[*]News

[/list]

hope that helps you can also change the “powered by” message, i cant remember right now but i know its in the knowledge base which i have been going over with a fine tooth comb as its better than the user guide

cheers

will

Hey Will,

Thanks! This got me most of the way there. I can now edit the headings and links that appear on the footer of my home page, but I have a follow up question for you or anyone else…

If I want to create a new page, I think I need to go to “website>Content>Add Page”. Is that right?

Then, it looks like I should keep the default “root level page” under the 'parent page' setting and then add my content in the wysiwyg editor.

Assuming I have all that right, my next question is how do I link to that page from my home screen. I know how I can add a link to the link text on the home page, but I can't figure out what that link to a particular new page should be???

Thanks!

Michael

[quote name='MFD' timestamp='1360592804' post='154915']

If I want to create a new page, I think I need to go to “website>Content>Add Page”. Is that right?[/quote]

Yes, that's right for adding content pages, for example 'About Us', or 'Terms & Conditions'.

Then, it looks like I should keep the default “root level page” under the 'parent page' setting and then add my content in the wysiwyg editor.

[/quote]

That is correct. If you want your page structure like this:

yoursite.com/your-page.html

yoursite.com/your-second-page.html

yoursite.com/terms-and-conds.html

Otherwise, if you want to have a page 'under' another page, then change the position to the parent page name.

Assuming I have all that right, my next question is how do I link to that page from my home screen. I know how I can add a link to the link text on the home page, but I can't figure out what that link to a particular new page should be???

[/quote]

When creating/editing a category, product, content page, etc, go to the Addons tab, where you will find SEO Name. This forms the page structure if you have the SEO addon enabled. So the page URL will become yoursite.com/seo-name.html.

Page URL's, by default, take the following structure:

http://yoursite.com/index.php?dispatch=pages.view&page_id=1

Where '1' is equal to the page ID. You can find this when editing a page in the admin, where the URL will show you the ID, like so:

http://yoursite.com/admin.php?dispatch=pages.update&page_id=1

If you use the SEO addon, this will automatically be converted to whatever you specified as the 'SEO Name' on the Edit Page/Category/Product page.

Hope that helps.

Thanks Stellar!

I need to get the SEO to function before I can follow your advice. I'll get my developer on it asap.

Michael.