change favicon in 3.0.3

Hi, the Knowledge Base says this is how to change the favicon in 3.0.1:

[quote][list=1]

[]In the skins/[CUSTOMER_ACTIVE_SKIN]/customer/images/icons directory of your CS-Cart installation (where [CUSTOMER_ACTIVE_SKIN] is an active skin of your storefront), find the favicon.ico file and rename it.

[
]Upload your favicon. Make sure the uploaded file is named favicon.ico.

[/list]

[/quote]

However in 3.0.3 that directory doesn't exist. All I have in skins is my .htaccess & index.php, no other files or directories.

I did find such directory in the var folder & changed the favicon in there but it's not reflecting the change even after clearing cache. What am I missing?

Brennie,

The only way that the skins folder is empty is because you haven't installed the cart/skin yet. Once you go through that install process, you will see that folder there.

Or, if you replace it in the var folder before installing the skin, it will be brought over with the rest of the skin files.

Thanks,

Brandon

Or, are you using Ultimate. In Ultimate the skins being used are under the stores directory.

To change the favicon icon you have to replace the favicon.ico image from the your customer sides stores icon folder.

If you are using ultimate version then -

go to your customer side store directory like

“stores/1/skins/basic/customer/images/icons/” and find and replace the favicon.ico icon with your icon.

your favicon icons name must be favicon.ico to display your favicon icon.

Triplets, I'm using Professional. It was the only one availabie in my file area on the support site.

Brandon, when I go into Skin Selector in my admin, there is only the Basic skin in the dropdown menu to select & then Save. There is no install option. Even looking in the download file for the whole cart from the support site, the only thing in the skin folder is what I described above - the .htaccess file & the index.php.

Once you have selected basic skin your favicon.ico file should be in this folder:-

path_to_cs-cart/skins/basic/customer/images/icons

if still no luck locating this file, then you could do search of your cs-cart installation from command terminal using:-

find /path_to_cs-cart -iname favicon.ico

Brennie,

When you installed the cart, you had to chose a skin, right? The only skin available is the Basic skin. During the install process, the basic skin files are moved from the var folder to the skins folder.

When you view your customer side, you see the skin, right? If so, then there has to be files in your skins folder. There really isn't any 2 ways about this, it just is how it is.

Are you sure that you are looking at the correct install?

Thanks,

Brandon

Ok I’m a goober. :mrgreen: I did click Save it did a moment of processing. Then I looked in my cPanel file manager & the files are there. I was looking in my local Dreamweaver files. Now I just need to download them from the server. Thanks!

Brennie,

Hah, figured it was something simple like that. I'm glad you got it figured out.

Thanks,

Brandon

I cannot however find the flag icons. Can you point me in their direction?

[quote name=‘Brennie369’ timestamp=‘1352151092’ post=‘148384’]

I cannot however find the flag icons. Can you point me in their direction?

[/quote]

/skins/basic/customer/images/flags.png

though it is 1 big long image and the ones you want to show are controlled by .css

and BTW…whats a “GOOBER” ? :)

[quote name=‘johnbol1’ timestamp=‘1352153388’ post=‘148390’]

/skins/basic/customer/images/flags.png

though it is 1 big long image and the ones you want to show are controlled by .css

and BTW…whats a “GOOBER” ? :)

[/quote]

HAHA!!! A goober is a person that’s silly, goofy, dorky, etc. :grin:

Thanks for the flag icon answer.

Ok well I thought I could figure it out from that last response BUT I can't find where to edit it in any of the css files.

The flags sprite image is in this file:-

/skins/basic/customer/base.css

.flag - base

then offsets into sprite image:-

.flag.flag-01

.flag.flag-ad … etc

Though it is better to use MyChanges addon and create a hook for your custom css. If you have join_css option turned on then you will still only have one css file loaded.

[url=“Add new flag - General Questions - CS-Cart Community Forums”]Add new flag - General Questions - CS-Cart Community Forums

john

MyChanges css example in knowledge base

This will make future upgrades easier, so highly recommended. Remember modifying/creating a tpl may require you to clear cache, use the query ?cc from admin panel e.g myadmin.php?cc

Thanks for the help. I can't figure out how to make the flag for English be the US flag.

Also for the My Changes (which I do have enabled) - does that mean we make all our changes there instead of elsewhere or do we make the changes in both places?

Hi Brennie,

Under Settings → General make sure you have also set default location, although I think a new install usually defaults to US.

I have not done much with the languages block, I assume it is defaulting to English language and displaying EN flag. On the blocks you could try user defined css class and use .flag.flag-us which is the US flag selector.

You should create changes in My Changes only, this will make future upgrades easier (avoids conflict with modified files during upgrade, very important as I notice version 3.0.4 has been released).

I have the default location set to US but it doesn't change the flag. Not sure how to edit the language block per your comments… I may have to go to support for this one? Was hoping to save my support credits.

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]In skins/customer/base.css[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]if you change the below position this would work [/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif].flag.flag-en {[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]background-position: 0 -4041px;[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]}[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]It just alters the UK flag to show the US one[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]John[/font][/color]