Change Blocks for 1 item - bulk operation

Ihave approx 1000 products and I have to switch on a specific blocks only for 200 of these.

Do I really have to switch it on manually on each product page or is it a way to make a bulk modification for these 200 products ?

Hello Pascal,

Thank you for your message.

I assume that you use CS-Cart version 3.0.x. In this case I suggest that you should do the following:

1. In your CS-Cart admin panel, go to Design > Blocks > Products.
  2. Click on the gear icon of the necessary block to edit it.
  3. In the opened window, open the Status tab.
  4. Click on the Add Products link.
  5. In the opened window, select all products for which this block should be disabled.
  6. Click the Add Products and Close button and then click the Save button.

As a result you will have this block enabled only for the necessary products.

Please check it.

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team

Thank your for your answer.

I'm not really sure to understand what this opeation is doing.

In my blocks, on the products page, I have two ways to show the main content : one show the main content alone, and the second one show the main content AND a product block (look at the image).

On my 1000 products, 800 must only show the main content. The 200 others must show the other version (main content + product block).

If I follow your method, I will assign one version to a pack of products, but then how can I modify the blocks for the others ?

show.jpg

Hello Pascal,

Thank you very much for the reply and provided screenshot.

In this case you should do the following:

1. In your CS-Cart admin panel, go to Design > Blocks > Products.
  2. Click on the gear icon of the Main Content block located in GRID 16 to edit it.
  3. In the opened window, open the Status tab.
  4. Click on the Add Products link.
  5. In the opened window, select all 200 products for which this block should be disabled.
  6. Click the Add Products and Close button and then click the Save button.
  7. Click on the gear icon of the Main Content block located in GRID 12 to edit it.
  8. In the opened window, open the Status tab.
  9. Click on the Add Products link.
  10. In the opened window, select all 800 products for which this block should be disabled.
  11. Click the Add Products and Close button and then click the Save button.
  12. Repeat steps 7-11 for the Produits el relation block located in GRID 4.

Please check it.

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team

Thanks. That perfectly works !

Hello Pascal,

You are welcome.

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team

Is it right that these values are erased when we make an export and import of blocks ?

It seems that after exporting and importing, all lists from status are cleared. And that could be a problem…

Hello Pascal,

Thank you for the reply.

If you mean export of locations, then, unfortunately, yes. This feature has not been implemented yet. Content of the Status tab is not exported at exporting locations. Our engineers are working on this issue. Maybe this ability will be implemented in one of future CS-Cart releases.

Thank you.

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team